Happy healthy Petey 4months

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He is adorable :D I see you have a red light. If you're using it for a basking light, you need to replace it with a bright white basking light. Those red bulbs make your beardie disoriented. If you are using it at night those disturb their sleep. Basically they are junk.

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
I agree that ditching the red light will make him a much happier/stress-free beardie (the red light can interfere with their sleep and a neon red light is very unnatural for these animals). For UV lighting make sure you have a Reptisun T5 or Arcadia tube light and that his basking light temperatures are taken with a digital thermometer for accuracy. He’s very cute and has a very personable face.

Balucared

Original Poster
destiny1998":2vjitmjw said:
Hi. He is adorable :D I see you have a red light. If you're using it for a basking light, you need to replace it with a bright white basking light. Those red bulbs make your beardie disoriented. If you are using it at night those disturb their sleep. Basically they are junk.
oh I did not know red lights were not okay as a second basking light. I just changed it to a 100w white light. Thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom