Handling While Shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

Nazars going through her first shedding under my care, it was her entire back and tail and I didn't want to bother her too much in fear of taking off the skin accidentally but it's been about 2 days and she's starting to get antsy and wanting to get out. The skin is mostly gone now but shes acting weird when I touch her, she will flinch or run away when before she would crawl into my hand if I lay it down, is her skin just sensitive or could something be wrong? Her colour is starting to lighten from its previous toad-like darkness so I'm pretty sure her shed is coming to an end, am I able to handle her now or should I wait until all of the dead skin is off?

Stres

Hatchling Member
I think they all react differently, my one year old isn't the slightest bit bothered about handling when he's shedding. I just go about my routine as normal getting him out for his daily run around and night time handling as any other day.

That being said if you can clearly see it is bothering the dragon then best to give it some space or try handling for brief periods until it's back to normal, but I'd still allow it some exploration time each day just to get it out the viv and have a run around for ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom