Handling A New Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update: i started really thinking about what could be the problem and i figured it out and I feel bad now for giving him such a hard time. poor little guy has unfortunately been through alot over the course of the month. first off, his initial setup was all wrong-thanks to petsmart starter kit. so the first 2 weeks were spent purchasing all the right things and getting the temps right in his viv. once everything was perfect, hurricane sandy hit and he spent two days without power or food snuggled in a ball on my chest. then, i needed to relocate him to my parents house because mine was going to be without power for a long time. he spend a week there, and then was brought back to my house. so he has endured a trip home from the petstore, a complete setup change, power outtages, food shortages, a trip to my parents house, a trip back to my house, and 2 sheds! it's really only been about 2 weeks that he's been in my house, with all the right setup, and regular feedings/baths. he's already grown alot and probably has been stressed out from all of the chaos for the beginning of his life. i feel so bad! I'm assuming now that he will have consistency in his life, his behavior will improve

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, poor guy & you too, for going through all you've gone through. You're right, he's going thru locations stress 3x, so I think he'll settle down now, but may take a bit of time. I'm glad you've gotten through everything and I'm sure he'll be easier to handle once he gets used to you again. Keep me posted, I've been thinking of both of you :D

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks so much! your (and everyone on here's) kindness, advice, and encouragement has been greatly appreciated! i'll definitely keep everyone posted. i really don't know what i would do without this site :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have to agree it's a wonderful site, I've been a memeber for over 6 years and this site has saved the life of a few of my beardies (rescues). I'm glad you'll stay in touch!

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok question- I put my hand in Lloyds tank today and he licked my finger and then laid flat with his head down next to my hand? any idea what this means? I couldn't move my hand bc even ther slightest motion and he became skittish but I think we made a little progress with the taste testing to see what I was lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom