HANDI-CAPABLE: THE 7 WONDERS OF MY WORLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME TO: BELLA, OLLIE, PYREX, GABBY, LINCOLN, SCARLETT, AND MICA'S STORY.

Hi everyone,
Somehow having 3 threads going at the same time, bogged me down from posting faithfully, I don't know why it would :?: , but I thought I'd consolidate the 3 together to make this one topic. I'm going to post some original info from each thread to update anyone who doesn't know my clan, then I'll have some new pics at the end.

From "HANDI-CAPABLE BELLA, PLUS OLLIE+ PYREX" Thread

~BELLA~
Well, on craig's list someone posted a 2 yr old "handicapped" girl......... aggressive (this may have been d/t improper lighting and food)............. so not a good pet for children, and would be asking for a rehoming fee.
Long story short.......the lister couldn't take care of her........... he was interested in other pets and was moving on, and when I saw a picture of her, I knew she was suppose to be mine. Many people called for her, and he said that if I came down to pick her up, he would not charge me for her. Sooooooooo...........off I went, with much anticipation and knowing it was going to be a long day trip.
When I saw her, she was in a dirty viv, sand substrate, urate smelling drift wood, and she was very small with poop smears on her. She had a household light bulb only......... with a black light for night time......... no food or vitamins on hand.......... with everything in much need of a good cleaning. In the owners defense......... he said he wanted her to go to a good home............. so someone could take care of her. When I saw her.......... I instantly fell in love.
I brought her some butterworms, to see if she would eat them in her enviroment before I scooped her up to take her away d/t the possibility that she'd have relocation stress and not eat. She goobled them up..........I was so happy!
When I picked her up, she was very tense, bearding without darkening, and trying to bite me x2........ but I was persistent, and rubbed the top of her head, so she settled down quickly. So tiny........I asked the owner, are you sure she's 2 yr's old? He said yes, and told me how she lost her feet, etc. Apparently she was a runt, and the other babies attacked her leaving her with her right front foot missing at the ankle, back left missing from the ankle down, back right missing right below the knee down, and half her tail. She has the front left limb completely, but the fingers are crooked, the limbs are very skinny, and mushy/soft, significant of MBD, also her jaw is a little off alignment, another sign of MBD too.
I wrapped her snuggly in a soft towel, and she went home on my friends chest, cozy and sleeping. I brought hand warmers with me so they were within the towel......... she was toasty warm and appeared very content. It was a long day, and the only time she moved, was when she did a poop........ much to my delight........... because of the sand substrate housing. I had brought another towel, just in case that happened.
I have named her "BELLA"...............for she is truely "beautiful".......... she has some orange/red on her face/beard and back, not too much, just enough. Her eyes are the perfect color with the golden color outlining the dark iris, she has a short nose, 9" long, from nose to tail end, and weighs 140 gm. She looks like a baby not a 2 yr. old.
When she woke up in the AM, she had a nice salad then I gave her some phoenix worms......... she's very alert and study's everything, including me. She pooped again, which was wonderful, formed but smelly, so I'll be testing her soon for parasites. Bath time was cute, I held her and took a soft toothbrush and removed the dried poop from her........ I think she thought she died and went to heaven.
I am using what I have........... I have cleaned and baked her things, I couldn't salvage one piece of driftwood, because the urate smell wouldn't come out.
I have a very low hammock for her, a hide, and a low log......... she manages well with walking........ but woobles d/t the MBD and her legs being unevenly amputated.
All I can say is............ she is precious, and I love her........... plus I want to give her the best home that she deserves, especially with her past. Meet Miss Bella Graham. (All my beardies have middle names)

~OLLIE~
He was my first beardie, I picked him out from a tank filled with at least 50 babies, didn't know a thing about beardies or their care. I soon found this site and quickly learned how to set up the viv, etc., and had a stool sample examined only to find out that he had AV. I hand fed him for over 2 years, plus he had pneumonia, so it was 14 days of injections, nebulizer treatments and medicines, but he is now eating on his own, still fussy about the greens at times, but appears stable. Meet Oliver "Ollie" Spike.

~PYREX~
He is a snow morph, and was abandoned at a reptile expo. I saw him on the information table, tiny and under a cool breeze, so I went to the MC and said it was nice they were using a baby beardie as their mascot, but he would freeze to death all day with the air conditioning blowing on him. He wasn't a mascot,............ and someone left him, :?: :?: so I waited all day for someone to claim him, no one did, and low and behold, I was driving home with a new baby. :D Meet Pyrex Ricco.

From "NEW BABIES AND PICS, Meet Gabby, Lincoln, and Scarlett!!" Thread
~LINCOLN AND GABBY~
So.............they have a Reptile expo in Co. 4x a yr. and yesterday was my first introduction to the western expo's. Of course, I was only going to buy some supplies, really............ but couldn't help my self to look at the babies, I should have never gone near the tables. One vendor had some beautiful morphs and I fell in love with a 4 month male, with a tail nip. He comes from a red sandfire/het/hypo/blood line, I held him of course, put him back and spent the day chatting with vendors and buying supplies, but when I went back, much to my amazement, he was still there................he made an offer I couldn't refuse.................but here's the unbelievable part.............I already had a little girl under my shirt (to keep her warm) that I purchased for $10.00. She was under another vendors table and while looking at their beautiful tiger/red babies, the vendor said, I have a baby that's been nipped on her foot/tail, would you like to see her? I should have said "no thank-you, I have to leave", but of course I said yes........... if you've been following Bella's thread, you know I rescue beardies, and I couldn't put her down.......the vendor said, "I want her to go to a good home", and that was it, paid the money and...........off I went to the ladies room, put her under my shirt, and she never moved the rest of the day. The vendor said she was a normal, but when she warmed up, her head became neon yellow, along with her shoulder blades, and when she was a baby, she had a diamond pattern going down her tail, thus, her name.......... So this is Lincoln Mosaic and Miss Gabby Diamond.

~SCARLETT~
She came to my home during part of my (pringle) addiction, one of my few beardies that does not have any infirmities; she's still growing and quick as ever, she keeps me on my toes and is getting her own little personality. Meet Scarlett Emerson.

From "MY NEW (PRINGLE) MICA" thread
~MICA~
Well, as some of you know, I've always wanted a "white" beardie, so I've kept my eyes open for the right one. It's difficult to know what a 6" baby will grow up to be, color-wise, even if the parents are leucistic, etc, so I've been hesitant in getting such a small tyke....................
Well........................., I found a 11 month old light colored male, hypo pastel, that I just loved when I saw him, and knew he'd me mine. To my surprise, he was very skinny and lethagic, but friendly and lovable. I really felt that he came to me as a rescue,........ just for me to nurture and love. Meet the one and only, Mica Jackson. :D

So there's the synopsis of each baby, and here are a few pics for an update.

~Bella~
Christinespictures2078.jpg

Christinespictures2109.jpg

Christinespictures2105.jpg

Christinespictures2073.jpg

~Ollie~
Christinespictures1986.jpg

Christinespictures1947.jpg

Christinespictures2133.jpg

Christinespictures2096.jpg

~Pyrex~
Christinespictures2118.jpg

Christinespictures2076.jpg

Christinespictures2091.jpg

~Lincoln~
Christinespictures1974.jpg

Christinespictures2103.jpg

Christinespictures2002.jpg

Christinespictures2080.jpg

~Gabby~
Christinespictures2114.jpg

Christinespictures2126.jpg

Christinespictures2146.jpg

Christinespictures2147.jpg

~Scarlett~
Christinespictures2007.jpg

Christinespictures2077.jpg

Christinespictures2081.jpg

~Mica~
Christinespictures2100.jpg

Christinespictures2085.jpg

Christinespictures2110.jpg

Christinespictures2084.jpg

So I hope you enjoyed the new pics, sorry for the long intro, but I hope you'll leave a note so you can continue to follow my special family and their updates. That's my one fear about closing my other threads, that I'll lose all my contacts, :( so please check in.

Bugs and hugs to all, :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It was great to talk to you yesterday! Glad the move went well and hope to talk to you soon. Prayers for Gabby and Ollie!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I had to come on line to wish everyone a Happy Mothers day coming up on Sunday, I'll be away, so I wanted to let folks know I've been thinking of you all.................

I also have a story to tell you as well.........Many of you know that my 4 babies left all have special needs, most of which are eating disorders. Ollie usually doesn't eat on his own so I have to syringe feed him........Mica is afraid of superworms and has to be coaxed to eat butters,and hates greens so has to get them by syringe..........My dear Gabby may eat some butters but because of her unstable condition has to be hand fed..............

AND THEN THERE IS BELLA!!!!!!!!! Handicapped but you'd never know it with how she gets around, (missing 3 feet and 1/2 tail), passes out during her bath and I have to start CPR to bring her back, but so happy and alert. She eats well, loves her supers, butters and will eat greens on her own, but...............................................

Well that sets the stage for what comes next.....you all know the ??MYTH??---- Superworms can eat their way out of beardies stomachs. Well I don't know if it's really a myth or not?? Bella chews only once before swallowing, or maybe not even, and I'm usually careful to squeeze the supers head (sorry for being so graphic) :bleick: before giving them to her, but I started to slack off. :dontknow: Don't ask me why, I don't get it my self, just plain lazy I guess. The next day she was having a BM, and out came fresh blood and a huge blood clot. I was beside myself, but she didn't have anymore visible bleeding. I was on alert till her next bm, again she passed a large clot but WITHOUT surrounding blood. She looked fine, still ate, acted normal so I still watched her....next bm had blood but it wasn't red, it was old blood, by the forth bm she was almost back to normal, and now there's no sign of any injury.

I am convinced the supers did the damage to the lining of her stomach before they died, obviously, not eating through the whole lining but caused the bleeding. I know it sounds a little out there but I knew when I was giving her the supers I had a gut feeling, (no pun intended). She's a trooper and bounced right back, whew!!!!!! (Thank-you Lord)

So the moral of the story: If you don't have a beardie that chews well, then "off with their"........well, you know the rest! I have truly learned my lesson, and wanted to pass it along.

Again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
WOW! What a scary thing to see, though you were sort of expecting it.
Thank goodness Bella's ok now.

Hope everything is fine on your end, Christine. Have a nice Mother's Day!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, I felt a little like you with the story telling, but your's are usually funny unlike this one, but I'm glad everything seems fine now.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie osk":36uunqao said:
Thanks Gina, I felt a little like you with the story telling, but your's are usually funny unlike this one, but I'm glad everything seems fine now.
But it had a good ending, so it's still a good story :)

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Maybe that's why a few of my beardies sometimes have bloody stool....makes sense I thought parasites were the culprit. Interesting.

Ill have you know I had a scary moment with percius the other evening. I was bathing everyone like normal. It had been longer than normal so everyone was super thirsty. Anyway percius starts freaking out and trying to get out like usual I ignore it and put him in the shallow end...mind you were dealing with 2-3 inches of water here....he all of a sudden stops moving and goes limp. I panic start rubbing him chest water is oozing from his mouth with spit. He was unresponsive and not breathing. I continued to do so and remembered that you completed CPR on Bella. I held his mouth closed and blew Ind his nose until his lifeless body would fill up withair then I'd push it out. He would twitch a little each time. I swearit was 20 minutes of him being unresponsive. I am crying so bad it was hard to see thinking I didn't know that by flopping around he really was inhaling water and drowning. I thought I was losing him for good. I grabbed him from the bath mat wrapped him in a rag and hurried to the reptile room and placed him under his light and continued CPR. Finally I had eye movement a cough and he was bpack. I was so devastated I wanted to stay home from work just to keep an eye onhim. My mom and sister both dropped by though while I was at work to make sure he was OK. He has eatentwice since the incident and was back toyead bobbing and glass dancing this afternoon. It was the scariest moment ever. I know exactly how you felt in those moments with Bella. I felt helpless. On top of this I have a dragon that wont eat. The vet gave me critical care....I suspect liver failure....but I couldn't do bloodwork because she was too weak. I'm hoping its not that....please keep her in your prayers she looks awful. No fat stores eyes sunken in....I bought some baby food. She's also on an antibiotic in case she has an infection.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What an awful thing for both Bella & percius! I've never had that problem with supers, Christine, but then my boys chew them until they're mush, so that may be why. Yet Titan has had the bleeding with stool since I brought him home and the pet store used to give him supers a lot (and he's too little for them) plus they had him on wood chips. So I haven't seen any for a few days, so I'm hoping whatever it was it's now healed. I tried to give him a small super but he wouldn't touch it, so good for him, I say.

Leo did the same thing that percius did, but twice, not from being in the bath but from drinking drops of water from a syringe, which he's been doing for 3 years. I did the same thing, first holding him upside down and smacking his tummy to get any liquid out of his lungs, then CPR, first time took 45 min, 2nd time took 1/2 hr, each time before I was to be going out. Each time was so alarming and upsetting, so I haven't given him water since, I just give him more baths, and he's fine in baths.

I'm glad you figured out the way to not have supers in Bella's tummy alive. I find it amazing that they could still bite her stomach lining with the strong acid they have in their tummies, but I've heard stranger things. I'm just glad Bella & Percius are both well and back to normal again.

I wish you a wonderful Mom's Day Christine, we're all going to my sis's for a brunch, which will be a lot of fun.

Thanks for telling us your stories, both of you, food for thought!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Rukia1988":3lq01c69 said:
Maybe that's why a few of my beardies sometimes have bloody stool....makes sense I thought parasites were the culprit. Interesting.

Ill have you know I had a scary moment with percius the other evening. I was bathing everyone like normal. It had been longer than normal so everyone was super thirsty. Anyway percius starts freaking out and trying to get out like usual I ignore it and put him in the shallow end...mind you were dealing with 2-3 inches of water here....he all of a sudden stops moving and goes limp. I panic start rubbing him chest water is oozing from his mouth with spit. He was unresponsive and not breathing. I continued to do so and remembered that you completed CPR on Bella. I held his mouth closed and blew Ind his nose until his lifeless body would fill up withair then I'd push it out. He would twitch a little each time. I swearit was 20 minutes of him being unresponsive. I am crying so bad it was hard to see thinking I didn't know that by flopping around he really was inhaling water and drowning. I thought I was losing him for good. I grabbed him from the bath mat wrapped him in a rag and hurried to the reptile room and placed him under his light and continued CPR. Finally I had eye movement a cough and he was bpack. I was so devastated I wanted to stay home from work just to keep an eye onhim. My mom and sister both dropped by though while I was at work to make sure he was OK. He has eatentwice since the incident and was back toyead bobbing and glass dancing this afternoon. It was the scariest moment ever. I know exactly how you felt in those moments with Bella. I felt helpless. On top of this I have a dragon that wont eat. The vet gave me critical care....I suspect liver failure....but I couldn't do bloodwork because she was too weak. I'm hoping its not that....please keep her in your prayers she looks awful. No fat stores eyes sunken in....I bought some baby food. She's also on an antibiotic in case she has an infection.

It's so scary isn't it? I have learned that when Bella starts drinking, I watch her closely and then stop her when she begins to slow down, it seems to prevent the problem. Bella also has the same problem during her bm, (in the bath) so I'm always there now during that as well. I'm so glad that Percius is ok now, remember to hold him in the palm of your hand, with his head between your fingers and your arm pointing toward the floor to get out all the fluid out before you start the CPR, it seems like an eternity, and the time passes, but I'm glad you didn't give up. The heat is a good thing after the ordeal, to dry things up and prevent pneumonia.
I will pray for your baby that's on an antibiodic, my Gabby looks just the same.....no fat pads, sunken eyes, very sad. Keep up with the babyfood/critical care, and try some butters, they're soft and easy to digest, Gabby will eat a few now and then. We can encourage each other with our special needs babies.

sweetiepie9":3lq01c69 said:
Yet Titan has had the bleeding with stool since I brought him home and the pet store used to give him supers a lot (and he's too little for them) plus they had him on wood chips.

Yikes, poor Titan, I'm glad he's with you now getting the premium care from his new mommy!

Leo did the same thing that percius did, but twice, not from being in the bath but from drinking drops of water from a syringe, which he's been doing for 3 years. I did the same thing, first holding him upside down and smacking his tummy to get any liquid out of his lungs, then CPR, first time took 45 min, 2nd time took 1/2 hr, each time before I was to be going out. Each time was so alarming and upsetting, so I haven't given him water since, I just give him more baths, and he's fine in baths.

This must be the new "vogue" for beardies with their water issues. :roll:

I'm glad you figured out the way to not have supers in Bella's tummy alive. I find it amazing that they could still bite her stomach lining with the strong acid they have in their tummies, but I've heard stranger things.

The acid in the stomach surely kills the supers, (I think that's why I was letting up on preparing the supers first), however, I really do think there are a few minutes for them to do damage. I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't seen it . ouch!

I wish you a wonderful Mom's Day Christine, we're all going to my sis's for a brunch, which will be a lot of fun.

Thanks Debbie, Have a great Mother's day with your family!!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well, it's with great sadness, to let you all know that my Gabby girl died today............She has not been right since a year ago May after being egg bound....and this spring, she produced more eggs and couldn't expel them. It has been a very difficult year for her and myself, for many reasons, but I can only rest in knowing that she is not in pain anymore..............

I woke up last night and had a sick feeling in my stomach that she was going to die today??????????? Her eyes have been 1/2 shut now for a few days, but still was having bm's, and I would feed her by syringe. This morning, I gave her a bath, she did her duty, I fed her, and put her back in the tank. I wanted to hold her but ate first and got everyone else settled, then went to get her and found her gone. She had climbed to the warmest part of her tank and rested her head on one of her tree stumps. Her eyes were just a slit open, but her jaw had relaxed and was slightly open............I knew when I saw her that I had been too late. I was so upset that I wasn't holding her.........................I just sat and held her.

I wrapped her in her blanket, and went out to buy a flower garden to plant over her burial site........I got beautiful Peony's and colorful pansies, and buried her tonight. I had a beautiful rose box, and put her stone bunny and blanket with her, and wrote a goodbye note...............it all was very therapeutic, but it's difficult to see her tank dark and now sitting here seems so lonely without her...............

MOMMY LOVES YOU MY GABBY GIRL............REST IN PEACE!

(I'm sorry I havn't been faithful in posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Kubet77 là nhà cái đánh giá uy tín hoạt động từ năm 2005, có giấy phép bảo hộ từ PAGCOR, thu hút nhiều người chơi tại Việt Nam và Châu Á nhờ dịch vụ đáng tin cậy. Website: Kubet77 🎖️ Nhà Cái Cá Cược Trực Tuyến Đáng Chơi Nhất 2024 Địa chỉ: Số 27 Đường số 7, Cityland Park Hills,
Go88 là một trong những nhà cái cá cược trực tuyến hàng đầu với danh tiếng vững chắc trong cộng đồng người chơi.
Tag: #appgo88link #go88link #Game_Go88 #Game_bài_Go88 #Cổng_game_Go88 #Tài_xỉu_Go88 #Nạp_tiền_Go88 #Rút_tiền_Go88 #play_Go88
https://smartcity.bandung.go.id/member/bsc3090527795d
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gtdezla34
Top Bottom