Hamsters

PavelYasko

Aww, Smokey sounds adorable! Their grooming rituals are too cute, especially the fluff-in-the-face moment. 😄 It's fascinating how they have their quirky habits, like the "poop putting away."

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Aww, Smokey sounds adorable! Their grooming rituals are too cute, especially the fluff-in-the-face moment. 😄 It's fascinating how they have their quirky habits, like the "poop putting away."
I absolutely love the fluff the face things they do. It's so darn cute. That and when we put him back, he immediately goes to roll in his sand like he has to wash our scent off 😂😂

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I did a clean out of Puffy's home. I try to do it as late as I can at night so I don't disturb him during his sleeping hours. He's still a little mad that I woke him up early.

He's sitting at the top of his pile right now. He does that when I get done cleaning, my guess is he just wants to chill because of all the activity in his house. When I check on him tomorrow, he'll have all his tunnels built and that kale will be gone. The bedding is about a foot tall and covers a 2 foot by 1.5 foot area.

Tomorrow is Sunday Snackies, so he gets two peanuts.
1000000779.jpg

PavelYasko

Yes! I was literally about 4 inches away watching that little Puff bathe himself. It was really weird to watch him "put his poop away," as I called it. Any time he had to poop, he would grab it as it was coming out and put it off to the side, then go back to cleaning. It was kinda weird!
Their grooming rituals are too cute, especially the fluff-in-the-face moment. It's fascinating how they have their quirky habits, like the "poop putting away." If you're interested in enhancing Smokey's living space, check out Creating a Hamster Paradise: The Ideal Hamster Cage Setup for some cool ideas on creating the perfect hamster paradise.

Beardie name(s)
Beast
Does anyone have a hamster.? We realized a turtle for my oldest may be too big a commitment for her just yet. She's turning 8 and reaaaaaly wanted a turtle. But she conceded that if she can take care of something like a fish or a hamster for a year or so (or it's few years life span, really) then we would get her a turtle. I know nothing about hamsters. My cousin has a couple but that was 20 years ago and care info has obviously changed. So does anyone know (as far as bedding, chew toys, sand for bath, type of food, etc) what is best for them.?

Picture of Miko for attention
I think there is a type of hay you can use but I am no expert. OH and we should all know this, HAMSTER WHEEL!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom