half dark tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozric

hi all,

i'm just curious about my new BD. he's about a month old, and i've had him for 2 weeks. whenever i take him out for feeding, half of his tail (from the middle down to the tip) gets dark. i've heard of "black beards" and the whole body going dark, but not this. after feeding is over and he's back in the viv, his tail returns to normal after a while. when he's out, i'll let him explore a bit and give him baths. he seems fine and he eats and runs around (though he's finicky about eating) and tolerates his bath. yet during all of this (2 or 3 times a day for 15 - 30 minutes) his tail remains dark.

anyone have any insight into this?

thanks!

ewstokes

Juvie Member
My breeder male and most of his babies have this too. I believe its just a part of their morph, nothing to be concerned about. Hope this helps!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Tsam blackbeards a lot of the time due to just discovering he's male, and yes - his tail goes dark as well. His shoulderplates go darker and his chest goes black too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom