Hakuna's life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! For younger pictures go here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=241239
Well this is Hakuna (picture a day or two old)
mxsx8he.jpg
I don't know if Hakuna is male or female yet, ive been told have to wait a long time to tell. But gosh definitely has a funny personality licks everything lays weird just is a weird soul haha! He is also so cute, ive never have been so inlove with an animal. He was born roughly feb 6th and today when weighed he was 11 grams 9 on friday! Yesterday he was going through a headshed, scared me because he was buldging his eye out.
KBxINg6.jpg
He was a bit mad rubbing his head on everything and puffing his beard i could imagine it was itchy. Gave him a nice warm bath didnt want to stay in for long. But i will try to post as much as i can of my growing Hakuna, i work mon-friday 7-4( sometimes later or earlier) but on weekends there will forsure be updates. Now HAPPY Easter everyone. Heres some pics
XE9foFn.jpg
JTOgcYT.jpg
Wq87ftd.jpg

NuJohn321

Original Poster
We aren't afraid of bugs and I take care of the cricket's and everything myself
Just other people don't like bugs haha

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, I Went from being scared to death to a piece of lint that I thought was a bug and being terrified of anything that was an insect to Holding crickets to Holding worms to holding 3inch roaches to actually holding a tarantula which was actually pretty awesome. I Used to be super TERRIFIED of tarantulas.. I held that tarantula twice! :) All because of my beardies! :D

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Oh my gosh I have arachnophobia, I hate spiders oh so much.
These past few days Hakuna has seemed to calm down when out actually wanting to just lay on me and not explore which is actually pretty weird for him
I also have the hardest time getting him to eat his bsfl out of his new dish, like he did the first day. When I put them on the ground he goes after them. I'm also still putting in cricket's and he for sure wants to chase them like a wild lizard aswell. I tried putting them in a bowl he won't touch them I take them out he chases them. Just like sometimes he won't mind taking food from my hands and sometimes he says no I put it down and he'll chase it. Or if I ask my girlfriend to feed him instead of me, he'll eat two then get uninterested, but then I go right after her and try and he will eat more. He definitely is a weirdo sometimes.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, I do still have a slight arachnophobia with smaller spiders but the tarantulas don't phase me. :lol: :mrgreen:
and Hakuna does seem to be growing like a weed. :) He's still as adorable as ever though. :love5:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
All spiders for me aha
But oh yes oh so adorable!
I also notice with hakuna when he's in the tank he's a bit darker and when he's not. And he'll have stress marks but when I take him out he lightens up I really think he just rather be out with me. And he's also not dark and stress marks 24/7 just that's when I can tell he wants out

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, I Guess I have SemiArachnophobia Lol and you have EveryArachnophobia. :lol: :mrgreen:

Stress marks are a myth actually. It's just natural coloring and it's their way to absorb more heat. My Loki has that patterning almost all the time and is perfectly fine.

NuJohn321

Original Poster
I thought so! As they get darker in the sun to absorb more heat I would wonder because have marks but look as happy as ever. Thank you for clearing that up a big stress off my mind my girlfriend tells me I "over think" way too much about hakuna also says it's good but it's cute. I just always wanna make sure he's okay.
And yes on the semi and every arachnophobia haha!!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yep. TOTAL myth. and Lol, you're not the only one who gets really worried REALLY easily when it comes to beardies. :lol:

Although spiders and me have a agreement.. They don't come to my house or near me and I won't obliterate them. :lol:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
I know it I see it everywhere, Hakunas just my baby.
So we also put in an application for an apartment that'll be cat free and for the time being until we get more furniture empty so he'll have running around room instead of limited to not much at all! Ugh I hope spiders stay out of there haha!!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, I hope that Hakuna scares away all the spiders! :lol: :mrgreen:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Cool! :) I Hope Hakuna takes the move well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom