had to make a tough call

Status
Not open for further replies.

moghue

First i want to thank everyone for the help with my beardy. unfortuantly i have to find him/her a new home by saturday. i have taken a new job that will have me overseas for 2 years. i will not be able to take my beardy with me and my wife will not be able to care for it. i would like to find it a new home but with time constraints being what they are i may have no choice but to sell him at the reptile show in baltimore this week. i have enjoyed my time here and hopefully when i get back i will be able to get another one.

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
Why can't your wife take care of him for you?

Be really careful when placing your BD. Don't settle and don't rush. Take your time in deciding so he gets the very best home he can.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
I will be at Repticon in Baltimore this upcoming weekend. Casually looking for two dragons, one for my mother(she wants a classroom pet for older children with developmental disabilities. They are great kids, they help her raise frogs every spring.) and I will be casually looking for a baby.

Do you have any pictures? Length/weight? Gender? Where did you get the little one? What have you been feeding him/her? What substrate was he/she on? lights?

moghue

Original Poster
Pixall im not to sure the age i think around 4 months or 5. i bought him/her at petsmart( one of the good petsmarts) i have had it maybe 2 months. not sure on the length as he still is a bit of a fighter but he is getting better. for now i will say its a him. im not sure how to post pics on here but if u have a email address i can send one to u. he has been eating reptiworms crickets, a variety of leafy greens(spring mix) plus the usual leafy greens. i will say he is a pig. as for lighting a reptisun 10.0 and a basking light not sure what kind plus i have a infared heater. he is not anything fancy colorwise so im not going to ask a whole lot for him probably less then i paid for him. will u be there on saturday as i will be there first thing when it opens. i have to pick up a few things for a friend.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Click on my username, then on 'email pixall' ;)

If you could, include a picture of his bum area. :p I want to get a baby girl, and my mother does not care on gender. Yeah, I was reading through all the posts you made on his behavior, If I were to get him for my mother, I would have to work with him before giving him to her. (Not that I mind, it is an excuse to spoil another dragon for a time. :D)

Ah, and if the 'email pixel' link doesn't work, send the email to [email protected]

Could ya guesstimate his size? My Starkiller is nine months and 8.25", but there is an 18" five and a half month old on this site! :shock:

I have a VIP pass, I'll be there 9AM on Sat. ;)

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Got it. :) He is cute.

Definitely looks bigger than my Star. I look forward to more pictures :)

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Matt,

I just got off the phone with my mom. She is not ready for a dragon quite yet, however, if you want, I would still be willing to take the little guy off your hands and I will either hang on to him until my mom is ready, or take over finding him a home as you said you needed him placed by Saturday. This way you will not feel rushed and thus give him to someone who is not properly equipped or educated with no intent to become so. Hope this is alright.

Pix

And I still would like more pictures. ;)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Pix, you do realise you will end up keeping him LOL! I have said twice 'i'm just taking him until I can find him a good home'... Yeah right LOL.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
MissT":1j6rlgi2 said:
Pix, you do realise you will end up keeping him LOL! I have said twice 'i'm just taking him until I can find him a good home'... Yeah right LOL.

LOL I have to at least try. xD I'm getting a baby girl, and Alex would butcher me in my sleep if he thought I was getting /another/ one on the same day. :p

Hmmm, Maybe I can plop him in Alex's hands and he will decide to keep him... LOL

MissT

BD.org Addict
Kazi was an 'i'm just keeping him until he is better... Then I will find him a new home' LOL! My hubby was so cross when I brought him home but 2 weeks later he was 'his' beardie LOL!

moghue

Original Poster
Well i just want to thank everyone for the help while i was on here. i found my beardy a home this weekend. maybe when i get back to the states i will try again.

rdoyle

Juvie Member
Matt I feel your lost my husband got me Ozzy from my bday almost a year later I had to give him up becouse of the apartment would not let me keep him. I never cryed so much. I still miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom