Gunthar the Mali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxx

I have gotten my first Uro today..happy birthday to me :) I ordered a male Mali uro from Deer Fern farms and received the little guy today. He was born in November 2011 and is about 6" long right now. Obviously after a flight from Seattle to the L.A area, he was a bit stressed, but I was surprised how fast he calmed down. He ran to one of the hides immediately, but after about 10 minutes was out exploring the enclosure (a 4x2x2 that had been planned for a beardie). He cooked awhile up on the basking area and then ate a bit before continuing to explore.

I was really amazed at how brave the guy was, coming up to the glass to look around as well as not seeming to be too concerned with us looking at him from a few feet away from the enclosure...a good first. I am hopefully if I just leave him alone for a few days, he will settle in nicely.

I will get a some better pictures in the next few days, but here are a few quickies I took...

gunther6.jpg

And cooking a bit to warm up..
gunther5.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see your pictures. They don't show up... At any rate Gunthar sounds awesome! I have a honeycomb mali from Deer Fern Farms as well. He's a male and his name is Doug oddly enough!! I need to upload some current pictures of him he's grown so much. I'm looking forward to seeing Gunthar and hopefully reading his updates..

-Kaleen
Oh and Happy Birthday :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Draxx

Original Poster
Thank you for the b-days wishes. Odd about the pictures, as they show up for me..may have to take a look on a different computer and see what I get.

lets try a few of Gunthar doing what he does best taken by my wife with a much better camera..basking.
gunther1.jpg

gunther2.jpg

gunther3.jpg

Vianeth

I think you and I have the same batch of Uro. I bought 1 Mali and 1 of something else (don't remember! I told Doug to surprise me with the coloring at the seattle reptile expo june 2)

My female Uro looks like yours, and she is very outgoing and not afraid of anything. She eats veggie pieces from my fingers and was not afraid of the new Viv I bought last night for my pair.

Can't wait to see yours grow up!

Draxx

Original Poster
I believe Doug said Gunthar was born November 2011, so could be.

Gunthar has gotten a bit skittish actually. We are generally leaving him alone at this point, allowing him to acclimate. If we open the enclosure he keeps a wary eye on us, but if we slowly move towards him to offer him something he likes (flower petal), he scampers away now..a bit disappointing, but understandable I guess. I am hopeful with a bit of time seeing us walk by and placing his food in the enclosure, he will calm down. It has only been a week since he got here, so sort of expected.

We love watching him eat, he is a messy lil guy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom