Guidance - Weird mouth shading

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I have been through a lot of shedding with Lindy so I don't think that is what this is. It started with just his lips in the front looking a little off. I put neosporin on them thinking if he'd done something to them that it'd help. Now it's spread to his nose sorta. When he sheds it goes more white and never looks like this.

Do you think it's mouth rot or something? He hasn't lost any weight, still eats his greens, not his protein as much unless I give him roaches and then they are gone. His temps are good and he has the Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb. He doesn't get close enough to get burned. Poops are good. It doesn't look like it's bothering him, just mommy.

DSCF3365.jpg

DSCF3366.jpg

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
HI. I cant tell you for sure, but sometimes Fosters lips turn white before they shed, and sometimes they turn pink, and it looks like he has on lipstick. So it is possible it is a shed. I cant really tell from the pic. Maybe someone else can.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the response. It really looks like he's gotten into raspberries or something but he hasn't. It's almost been like that for about 3 weeks.

Tigg

Juvie Member
Looks like normal colouring to me... I wouldn't worry about it and I wouldn't suspect anything unless she was showing signs of illness (Black bearding, lethargic, anerexic ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom