Guck on beardie eyes it appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, and thanks for the help! I have had my beardie for about 3 years now so he means a lot ! I noticed this guck as it appears a couple of weeks ago then it went away, it since looks to of come back and it is in both his eyes. I really cannot tell if it is guck or skin it has a whiteish appearance. Just curious what I should do about this, can take more photos also! Cheers :)

http://imgur.com/vBWLpPS

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us such as your type & brand of UVB lighting, temperatures, the type of substrate you use.
It kind of looks like shedding possibly, is there any discharge from his eyes?
How is his appetite?
You could get some sterile saline solution to flush out his eyes daily, to see if that helps out for him, first.

Tracie

Beardie321

Original Poster
Hi Tracie, I have a 120 gallon, built myself. I have arcadia 12%, 100-105 degrees,tiles . He is still eating, seems fairly normal hard to judge after a day or two. What exactly does discharge look like? I do not see anything. Basically this "shed as it looks like" Appeared on both sides of his eye and kind of stuck out. Today only 1 is still their the rest is gone.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, you are using the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb which is a very nice bulb so it shouldn't hurt his eyes at all. The basking light is a bright white light too? That is terrific, a 120 gallon tank is wonderful, he has plenty of space.
Discharge would be like what you would expect from an infection, or just basically watery eyes. It didn't look like his eyes were infected though & it appeared to be shed. Sometimes their eyes take awhile to shed also & can retain around that area. You mentioned that it has cleared out from one of his eyes?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom