Grey Legs, Taking Forever to Shed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

First of all, I want to say thank you to the community on this forum! People have been so great and informative on here.

Now to my question... A couple of weeks ago I noticed that Yoda's legs were turning grey so of course I expected an oncoming shed. This past weekend he shed one of his front legs, but the other three STILL have shown no sign of shedding (no breaks in the old skin). I have given him baths to help and I have noticed him puffing his body and beard out to try to break the skin (at least that is what I am assuming he's doing because I read that they can do that). His limbs are not swollen and he's maintained an appetite. He is not lethargic or laying around either. I just don't know why his legs are so grey and haven't shed yet. Any advice?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....only advice is to be patient. :) It may take quite a while for different body parts to shed, no need to worry.

YodasMomma

Original Poster
Here are some pics... the first two are from today and the last shows his usual color. I just finished giving him a bath and his color has brightened some. He was not grouchy when I took him out of his tank, but he was a little jumpy and he flattened his body some.

YodasMomma

Original Poster
Lol, yes, he certainly does know how to pose :lol: Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking it would just be patience, but you never know so I figured I would ask. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom