Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
I'm Suzanne and have had my 2 month old beardie for 1 week. His name is Rufus and he is a whopping 8 inches long. I've raised many different kinds of animals and stress to the max the first few weeks with each one. I've done so much reading to prepare and maintain a good, healthy environment for this little critter but find there is no substitute for experience, namely YOURS! Reading this forum has been so reassuring, I can hardly thank all of you enough for all your valuable input.

Hi Suzanne, I'm Chris and new to this site also. Love it!!! I currently have 2 beardies, a male and a female 15 months old. The female should be laying her first eggs soon. I also have a ball python, not by choice, and a Savannah Monitor. This site is a wealth of information.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
im2tired2dance":fcmu8r75 said:
Hi Suzanne, I'm Chris and new to this site also. Love it!!! I currently have 2 beardies, a male and a female 15 months old. The female should be laying her first eggs soon. I also have a ball python, not by choice, and a Savannah Monitor. This site is a wealth of information.

Hi Chris, glad to meet you! WOW! Eggs already. That is fabulous! You will be keeping us posted, I hope. You must be much more experienced than I am. I have only 7 days experienc :-(). That's me looking dazed and confused but I'll get there !

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Prouddragonmama":3a3uh3q5 said:
Welcome!! Congrats and post pics!!! :wink:

Thanks! I will give picture posting a try as soon as I figure out how :lol: Perhaps right after I learn how to type!

No Suzanne, not more experienced, guess a little stupid...lol. It is what it is, and I'm very excited. I have a great reptile shop a few minutes from the house and the guy is excellent. The incubator is ready, she's not eating today, so it may be soon. I'm figuring the weekend because of course I will be away, but my oldest son will be home and he has been LECTURED on what to do.
Don't feel bad about no pictures, I have uploaded mine from my camera to the computer and now can't find where they are.....the kids will find them for me...lol.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay so I'm heck a late! :oops: :lol:
Hello & Welcome to BD.org!

Thought I'd pop over here to see who/what little beardie might have brought you to this site.

I would love to see a pic of your Rufus...do you have any posted on the site?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi and Welcome!!! Glad you found this site, it's the best! Any questions, just ask! Can't wait to see pics of your little Rufus!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh thanks! In Photo Expressions, Rufus' Photos. Sorry, I don't have a clue how to post the link :oops:
I love the little guy half to bits!! To say he's a character isn't quite adequate. Don't know what I would have done without all the wisdom that is shared in this forum. It's helped me so much be a better slave! :lol:

Suz

suzjohnson":1k1yopwu said:
im2tired2dance":1k1yopwu said:

Hi Chris, glad to meet you! WOW! Eggs already. That is fabulous! You will be keeping us posted, I hope. You must be much more experienced than I am. I have only 7 days experienc :-(). That's me looking dazed and confused but I'll get there !
lol your more experienced thanb me im at 4 day experiece stessing to the max bout the drive to a pet store cause the heat bulb broke

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
lol your more experienced thanb me im at 4 day experiece stessing to the max bout the drive to a pet store cause the heat bulb broke[/quote]
Oh, I remember day 4! Not sleeping well, testing temps every 15 minutes, fussing with this that and the other thing. If you are set up according to the recommendations made in this forum, you are a good bit farther along than you realize. I could suggest you relax a bit but I know it's probably just too soon. :) Enjoy your baby!!

Suz

suzjohnson":27rcdjjl said:
lol your more experienced thanb me im at 4 day experiece stessing to the max bout the drive to a pet store cause the heat bulb broke
Oh, I remember day 4! Not sleeping well, testing temps every 15 minutes, fussing with this that and the other thing. If you are set up according to the recommendations made in this forum, you are a good bit farther along than you realize. I could suggest you relax a bit but I know it's probably just too soon. :) Enjoy your baby!!

Suz[/quote]
im really worried Sible hasnt ate anything besides greens since i got her but she is 1 year old so i guess thats good. but i so worried and i gotta get some tile or turf instead of sand i got her anew basking light and a digital temperature stick thing

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Be encouraged that she is eating salad at least. What are you preparing for her salad? Once she becomes accustomed to her new home, which could take up to a couple of weeks, her eating habits should return to normal. Offer her a couple of bugs every day, take them out if she hasn't eaten them within 10 to 15 minutes. Adult dragons eat fewer bugs than babies but because I haven't reached that point yet, I wouldn't want to advise you what would be appropriate for her age. Have you spent any time reading some of the other sections in this forum? I found "Health", "Feeding", and "Enclosures" all extremely helpful. Have you posted there yet? You will also find a lot of very knowledgeable people who won't hesitate to answer questions for you and give you the best advise available.

:) Suz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom