Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadie0223

Hello,

my beardie is 4 months and I cannot get her to eat any greens she will not eat them at all. I have tried collard greens and mustard greens because my old bearded dragon used to eat them not sure what to do!!!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :study: :study: :study: :study:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not unusual for the younger dragons to ignore salads in favor of bugs. They need the protein to support rapid growth. Keep offering the veges so she's familiar with them as a food source, but don't be surprised if she doesn't show interest until about 12-18 months old when she transitions to a mainly vegetarian diet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Supers may be a bit big for her at this point. I'd try offering some softer worms. Maybe try some Phoenix worms and see if she'll go for those. She may just not be hungry or perhaps she's about to shed which can disrupt their appetite for a bit.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Phoenixworm.com is the original source. They're available at a few different places online. They're a brand name though. They are black soldier fly larvae also known as repti worms and calci worms under different brand names. They're a nice healthy calcium rich food to offer as part of a balanced diet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They're all black soldier fly larvae under differnt brand names so as long as they're fed well and arrive alive and healthy they're probably about the same.

Sadie0223

Original Poster
Yes but I was just wondering if they would die on the way from me buying them from the internet or will they still be alive because I was afraid if I bought them online they would die by the time that they got to my house

i buythem from www.dubiaroaches.com all the time with no problem. I think 1000 is $25 shipped but u can get 100 for $12. they ship out of Kansas and I get them in 2-3 days in west Texas. usually put some boiled soft veggies in the container with them and make them even fatter in less than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom