Gravid symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
So I've read plenty on here concerning symptoms of being gravid (not eating, runny little urates, glass dancing, scratching, etc.) but I was wondering how differently the symptoms can vary from one dragon to the next. My Lotus has been scratching an awful lot lately, wants to be out of her tank all the time, and hasn't stopped eating but her appetite has decreased a bit and she's gotten a lot pickier with what she'll eat. This has all been over the last 2 days or so. She also pooped out one little runny urate a few hours after a normal big poop. She has looked quite bloated lately too. So do I set up the lay box and start on the extra calcium even though she's still eating and such? For those of you who don't know, Lotus is a rescue guesstimated to be around 2 years old. I have no idea if she's ever been bred before, but I've had her for about 4 months now and have not had her around any male dragons.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, If I were you I would get her a lay box and give her a bit more calcium. That way she will have the extra calcium if she needs it and a proper place to lay her eggs if she is going to, and therefore, less chance of getting eggbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom