Gravid female at 5 mths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pravius

Juvie Member
:shock:

Not totally sure on this but most of my females have laid around 1.5-2 years old infertile clutches without being with a male. However now I have this female around 5 mths old and she is not digging but I have never seen one this fat at this age.

Keep in mind this dragon I was sold about a month ago with an upper respiratory infection and she quit eating... we made it through that and now she is gaining alot of size in the time that she was not growing... I am leaning toward that but when I feel her belly I question that... hard to say!

Here are some pics, you guys tell me what you think.. been doing this for quite some time and have never seen anything like it if she is. I may be being paranoid because this little one and I have quite the history and see holds a pretty special place in my collection... we have made it through alot together already!

preggo3.jpg

preggo2.jpg

preggo1.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just looks like a fat lil girl :mrgreen: I don't think she would have eggs, shes too young. Are you sure she is 5 months?
She is very pretty though!

-Brandon

Pravius

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! Truthfully I think she is older. I got her at a show and the breeder insisted she was born in 06/09 which I had a hard time believing. He also sold her to me with a URI so my thoughts are she is older.

I didn't think she was gravid but the way she has been acting is weird.. I am going to put a box in with her just in case... it can't hurt.

I have just never seen a dragon get so fat so quick at this age :p

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I'm not to sure what to say!! But you said she isn't growing! The only other way is to have a x-ray done! Good luck... :?

Pravius

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":5a4d1 said:
I'm not to sure what to say!! But you said she isn't growing! The only other way is to have a x-ray done! Good luck... :?

???

She was not growing.. when she had the URI (Which was to be expected because she really was not eating) .. it seems that now she is growing apparently quicker then I anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom