Got a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my 2nd new 8 month old Beardi Saturday, from some people off of Craigs List who lived in my area, and wanted to talk a little bit about him. I want to say it was a rescued beardi considering the condition of the little guy. He was really skinny, and has fecal matter all over him, and skin was stained by the bright red Reptisand they had in his enclosure. The people told me that they only feed him six crickets every other day and a bag of veggies of some sort every day. They never took him to the vet, and didn't realize we have a great beardie dragon vet in the area. (Google much). Well by Monday little guy wasn't doing well and was black bearded all day, so my wonderful spouse took him to the Vet today. Well lets just say he's got the trifecta of organisms in his intestine; pin worms, protozoa, and coccidia. Also the starting of MBD (metabolic bone disease). But yet the people thought he was in great shape. I'm just telling my story so the the people who are new to beardies please do your home work and for the regulars I will be keeping you up dated.

Sorry for all the pronouns but we haven't thought of a name for him.
Here's the first pic for those who love them and yes I'm talking about you :blob5:
Newguy.jpg

leibe001

Congrats on your new beardie, but I wasn't able to see the pic... I logged into FB to see it but it wouldn't let me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom