Gorbash The Fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had Gorbash about 3 weeks now and he's changed so much I felt he deserved his own update thread. So as a reminder, here is Gorbash shortly after I brought him home:

He was about 9" long. He's now a whopping 11" and is such a poser. I was taking pictures yesterday and he stood like this for a good 30 seconds while I took pictures, only moving when I put the camera down:

Poor little guy has been in shed virtually since I got him. Yesterday he was shedding the area around his mouth for the 2nd time in the short time I've had him. I'm amazed that he's grown 2" already, and he's continuing to fatten out. I'm going to have to upgrade his tank a LOT sooner than I thought!

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
He looks good! They do grow fast though dont they?? Or time flies....as i get older i tend to believe more in the latter reason!

- Justin

Ralis

Original Poster
So Gorbash has been trying out new places to sleep recently. This is where he chose to sleep tonight. He's inside his basking log. I didn't even know he could fit! This isn't where he slept the other night when it got really cold, plus it's a lot warmer tonight. I just need to make sure he doesn't get stuck!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
It's so cute when they're that little! Zy had that tree as well and it took her FOREVER to figure out there was an inside.

Ralis

Original Poster
Thanks to the very useful post about sexing with a flashlight I've had my suspicions confirmed that Gorbash is a little lady.

What do I need to know about female beardies? Do they produce eggs even if you don't breed them? If yes, approximately what age does that start and what do I need to do to make sure things go smoothly? What would I do with the unfertilized eggs?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
They do produce unfertilized eggs and I think it commonly happens at the age of two years though it has been known to happen when they are younger as well as to never happen.

You'll want to have a dig box ready for them with sand from Home Depot or Lowes (I also mixed in the moss from Petco) and before she uses it, make sure the sand is really wet so that when she burrows, it won't collapse on her.

The infertile eggs you can throw away after.

Also, after she lays, you want to give her double the usual amount of calcium (liquid calcium makes this easy to do) because the eggs take away a lot of calcium.

Hope this helps some. I haven't had to experience it yet with Zy and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Ralis

Original Poster
Thanks. That's very helpful :)

Gorbash isn't 6 months old yet so it's good to know I don't have to worry about eggs for a while yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom