Going number 2 on basking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
So yeah as the title says my Beardie almost always goes number 2 on the basking spot. About 3 weeks ago I changed it's basking log to a slat of wood (because the crickets were hiding in the old one) and it goes number 2 almost every day right under the light. Sometimes it does it in the cool end and one time last week it did it on it's food bowl. It won't go near its basking spot for a few hours after I have cleaned it up. ]

Can anyone suggest a way I can train my beardie to go elsewhere in the tank. It really stinks the room out if I don't notice it right away or if I'm out all day.

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Hi,

I think it would be hard to train him to go somewhere else in the tank. Do u bathe him? Mine goes in the bath everytime. I think you can train them that way. Its much easier than cleaning it out of the tank too. Good Luck!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Mine does the same thing. I've gotten him to go ONCE in the bath. Every other time, it's on the exact same spot... Right on his basking log. It's gotten to the point where I put paper towel over the log and replace it every time he goes... Ugh.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only Bathe him when he's shedding, he hasn't gone in the bath yet. maybe i'll try rubbing his stomach.
I'm going to try the paper towel thing when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks guys :)

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat always went on her log.

I started giving her baths every morning around 11 (that's when she would normally poop). She started going in the tub, and now she 'holds it' until she gets a bath. unless she really really has to go.

but before that i just put the paper towel on the log so it was easier to clean up.

also, they should be getting baths, 2 to 3 times a week to keep them hydrated. unless you mist him?

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I changed up the viv yesterday and now he doesn't go there any more. :mrgreen:

I mist him every day and he usually loves it. It still hates being picked up and usually runs off or tries to leap from my hand so maybe he's not quite ready yet for bath time.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
you can bathtub train easily start paying attention to signs before he poops like maxwell hates his poop soo bad that he refuses to go in the cage and window dances to get out of the cage to poop so when he started doing this i started taking him from the cage to the bathtub and soon once he caught on he started holding it till his bath now thats in like 88 degrees here for the next three months he goes outside to poo instead which is love beardie poo can really clog a drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom