Goats Milk Soap for cleaning lizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Hey everyone, quick question. My bearded dragons are known to get pretty messy, either from their salads or from their poo. Baby dragon has yet to learn that poo is bad and likes to step or sit her tail in it, and Scout likes to go poo in the bath tub and then swim right through it while he's still going potty :puke: For the adults, I used to just rinse them off under the water and give them a quick scrub down with Johnson's Baby Shampoo/soap but lately I myself have made some lifestyle changes and no longer use any soap or shampoo for cleaning my own hair and skin(minus hands), and I'd like to do the same with the dragons.

So I was wondering if I could use goat milks soap to wash them off with. It can't be worse for them than soap, right? I don't think I can get unscented soap from the store I usaully get it at, but I'd probably use the oatmeal bar or a coconut one if they have that. If that doesn't seem like it will work well, I may just use water, a washcloth, and a bit of coconut oil to wipe them down with before rinsing them off.

Thanks in advance =)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The natural soaps should be fine. The concern would be if they drank from their bath and ingested soap so I'd imagine the natural soaps would cause an upset stomach at the worst but not likely cause a problem. I use Dr Bronner's baby mild soap when I need a bit of extra cleaning power and found that it works well. The ingredients are natural oils so they'd be non toxic if ingested.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dr. Bronners sounds really good. Sounds like something I could make at home, honestly haha. I just used coconut oil on Maesie today since she was pretty nasty, and it got rid of the stink and the grime on her pretty well. I might stick with that a bit and see how that works on them. And whenever I use a cleaner on them, it's under running water and they're on my hand, so they don't drink it or get it in their faces =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom