Glass Surfing - Wont Stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boyfriend and I purchased Stinky from a collector last month - no birth certificate, though he's supposedly around 7 months old. He's a good little guy; humongous appetite (he eats a variety of different coloured foods), never aggressive, energetic. Very energetic. For the past two weeks, he's glass surfed like a madman! It isn't continuous, but we can't seem to find the cause; it happens once or twice an hour or so. Before anyone asks, his setup is as follows; 40gal. tank with heat and UVB, dark basking log with a rock hidey-hole beneath, basking area stays around 100-102 degrees, whereas his cool side is 80, with a temp. gradient in between. I know, 40gal. doesn't seem like a lot for a lizard his size and age, and you probably think he's trying to get out, but he has the means to do it himself; we've draped a little towel over the edge of his tank that he uses to climb up onto the edge, or onto the windowsill. He's allowed to free roam the entire room, and yet he chooses to spend so much of his time surfing in the cool side of his tank. Even more perplexing, when we take him out of the tank, he turns right back around and glass surfs to get back in! I don't believe he's looking at his own reflection because he doesn't head bob or wave. I can't imagine that he's bored, either, considering he has toys in his tank and an entire room to explore. And he isn't stressed, judging by the looks of his neck-beard and tummy. Please help me figure this one out!

Here he is at this moment;
m9vcx3.jpg

And usually he's happy to curl up next to us like this;
2hrlis7.jpg

Hi,i recently got two beardies,about 3 years old the people said and using this site,found out how to sex them,omg,got two females,anyway,the one also surfs,does this indicate that she wants to come out?

My apologies stinkysmommy,someone noted to me i should rather post new topics instead of messing up someone elses,so ill just put this last one,sorry.
They do live together yes,and i do take them them both out occasionally,the one that surfs a bit more just to calm her down a bit and it seems to settle her down some.

I have a little guy (6 months old) who has all the proper setup (UVB-mercury vapor, temp gradient 110-80, diet, regular bathroom habits) and is a crazy glass surfer as well. I've only had him for four weeks now, and it seems the more settled he's getting the more prevalent it's becoming.

Did yours ever seem to calm down or is it still a regular habit? :blob8: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom