Glass scratching

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my beardies tank i have 2 sides covered one side thats open is where his feeding tank is the otherside he can see my bed. Here latly if im laying in bed not paying attention to him he throws him self at the glass facing the bed and try climbing up. If im getting ready for work even if he just ate his fill hell scratch at the side his feeding tanks at. If i put food in there he ignoes it till im getting ready to leave eat it all and do it all over again... im just wondering if this is normal.. hes 3 or 4 months old and doesnt do this to my boyfriend

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You are at this time being trained by your new master. Being a dragon's slave is difficult at times but we must persevere and obey. Just go with it, lol!

If he is jumping at the glass, he wants your attention (aka: out)

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
Bearded Dragons can not comprehend glass, so them scratching is usually them wanting to go that direction but not being able to because of the glass. The best way to stop it is cover three sides of the tank on the inside of the tank (putting a picture on the outside won't stop reflections). My dragon used to stress out and scratch the glass so I covered three sides on the inside with blank white paper and he was much happier afterwards.

Lizzardmom

Original Poster
I generally just let him out to play on the bed when he does that, sometimes he just lays by me and chills, or he will sit in the window... i opened it for him once on a warm day and he loved it. But i just think he gets bored in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom