glass dancing for crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
earlier today after feeding my baby Archer his crickets, i knocked over the cricket keeper and didn't notice for a long time. when i saw it, there was a cricket sitting on top, and i thought that would be it, so i put it back.

about 10 minutes later Archer started glass dancing, but at the back of his tank, which is unusual because he usually does it at the front when he wants to be held or if he's hungry. then i noticed three dots on the wall. three crickets had climbed up there and were just hanging out. and Archer was so excited lol. so i caught them and tossed them into his tank and he gobbled them up. it was just so funny, kind of like how dogs dance around when they see you go for treats. heck, even my cat does it.

i just hope i found all the crickets. i've been jumping at every little thing that moves now. ick.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Lol, when I used crickets I had a few escape now and then and something even funnier than a beardie glass dancing for them was my 6 month old pitbull puppy chasing crickets around the house....she always brought them to me unharmed when she caught them though.

sheri85

Juvie Member
Original Poster
as much as my kitty loves watching the crickets move around, she is not a very good bug hunter when there are bugs loose in the house. i think i caught them all, but they're the small ones so who knows.

oh, and about 30 minutes after the cricket incident, i knocked over my tub of meal worms and had to pick them up off my kitchen floor. i was not meant to handle insects.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Three of our four cats and the puppy are very adept at catching bugs.

Whenever it's time to cull the male dubias I just toss them out, one by one, on the floor in front of the crew. They don't last very long! :lol:

sheri85

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LilStinkpot":nnhytts9 said:
Three of our four cats and the puppy are very adept at catching bugs.

Whenever it's time to cull the male dubias I just toss them out, one by one, on the floor in front of the crew. They don't last very long! :lol:

i'm so jealous of people with cats and dogs that eat bugs. lol. my parents have a weenie dog named Precious who's the best flycatcher ever. it's especially useful in the summer time when the houseflies get in. although she's gotten a bit older and slower, so my mom will kill the fly and give it to Precious so she feels like she got it. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom