Gizmo thrashing tail aggressively

Status
Not open for further replies.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Hey guys,

Gizmo my approx 18-22 month old female beardie is thrashing her tail around horribly. I'm afraid she's going to injure it. She's been doing it for almost an hour spinning herself around in circles banging her tail on everything. Her tummy, entire tail & back legs are in full on shed. Is she just trying to get the shed off? She s/n be constipated she had a really nice poo a couple days ago & has never been with a male. No lumps in belly signaling infertile eggs either. She looks good and is eating great. I've just never seen her do this before. She'll calm down when I hold her & seems fine but as soon as I put her back she gets on her masonry bricks and turns circles whipping her tail about.

ofcourseilikepasta":hlit64n7 said:
That absolutely sounds like she's trying to get the shed off. Try giving her a warm bath and massage her gently to get the shed off :)
I would agree with pasta here. You could also try bathing in some of this shed ease product, helps to faciliate the shedding process.

https://www.chewy.com/zilla-shed-ease-reptile-bath-8-oz/dp/125341?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Zilla&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKEAjwz4u9BRCbioK3stnBznESJADA75xbgy9K352xPleHWxbwVuYvd2n9QRqc3g5_1FV3O63JVxoC2azw_wcB

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys. I gave her a good 20 minute soak & she thrashed about all crazy in the water too, not her usual trying to escape act she puts on in the bath. She's never been a fan of bath time. When I took her out I gently massaged her lose areas of skin and very carefully removed only the bits not attached to her body; I know that is a no no but I promise it was only the shed no longer attached. She hasn't thrashed in her viv since the bath but she still has a lot of shed to lose. She is rubbing her chin pretty good on the bricks but otherwise pretty calm now. That is the most aggressive display I have ever seen from her she is such a gentle sweet girl!! She just really threw me for a loop with her hour of CRAZY activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom