Gizmo needs a diet i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Well ive been in denial i think! Lets face it Gizmo just dosnt eat veggies! I have tried everything, cut and grated, alone and mixed. Some days she will have squash, other, like now as she slows down, nothing at all! For feeders she gets a mix of locusts, supers and butters. I have been giving her 7-10 every other day.

She is a whopping 660g! a beast! And after keeping up to date with Jojo, i really dont want her to have fatty liver either.

So heres the tough part, do you think 5 fedderd every other day, with a big bowl of veggies (yes i am still trying with it) will be ok?? maybe that will push her into eating more veggies? (in the past if she dosnt get feeders she goes on hunger strike, i mean 10 days with nothing! wouldnt touch the veggies i was offering)

I dont know! Do any of you have a fuller figure beardie, or one that wont eat veggies?? Im trying all the tricks in the book here! any advice is welcome!

B

MeganAlyse

Hatchling Member
Try feeders with less fat content, like crickets or phoenix worms. Butter worms should be avoided, definately. You should look up the nutritional value of various feeder insects, and choose ones with high protein and low fat.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yes in England phoenyx are a little harder to get, the only company i founf that sells them in the UK i have tried 2ce, and both times not good, Gizmo dosnt like them anyway.

Crix she wont chase, and i can stand the smell, she gets locust (not 2/3 every other day) supers (2-3 every other day) and a butter worm evrey other day when i have them in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom