Give me pics to help Slash

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
casper31":8fqd48bs said:
and thank you so much morphmom for the compliment. It was very kind. & I do agree that there are wonderful people here, including yourself!
Aw, thanks. :oops: :D
Suzan":8fqd48bs said:
I was wondering If i should be dusting the cricks with ca? The cricks are gut loaded, phoenix worms, 5 diff. greens.
(How are things in the great white north morphmom?)
Hello again my friend :D I find dusting crickets to be a huge pain in the butt! But it needs to be done until they eat more greens. Myah eats a huge dish of greens for breakfast and I ALWAYS dust that or her squash. The great white north is lovely. Good temps today. It was so crazy hot here that we were only a few degrees off of my friends in the south! :shock: That's HUGE for us 'Eh sayers!' The streets were bare! We stayed inside, or in a pool! :shock: I almost missed my snow shovel! Almost....LOL! :lol:

Don't worry Colesdad, we'll aways come back to the topic at hand. Promise :wink:

Colesdad

Original Poster
Back to topic :lol: lol! I love this place, it's awesome! :lol:
He licked squash today, yay! I always fed out of his cage. So I "disabled" some crickets this morning and put some in his bowl, one at a time. He went for it and got some veggies in his mouth, he licked the squash off of his face, so it's a start! I got an email saying my worms were arriving today and I need to pick up at post office bc of extreme temps. So he will get some this afternoon and we will see how supper goes tonight. When I put him back inside this morning I put him near his salad. He was freaking hilarious, he walked through his bowl, felt his greens on his legs and flicked them off, landed on the other side of his cage! He acted like my son did when he was a baby! I am not to worried bci know it takes time. It's funny bc whenever my wife, my son or I check his bowl through out the day, we will say "nope, no salad yet", lol.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Colesdad":2gyalmtq said:
He went for it and got some veggies in his mouth, he licked the squash off of his face, so it's a start!
Ya for squash! Ya for Slash! :D It's a great start :wink: Myah likes acorn sqash the best! I'll bake half and leave the other half raw so she can have soft one day and crunch the next! :mrgreen: * What!? Me, spoil her!? Never! You sir have the wrong idea!* (Oh, no! I have to go or Myah will be later for her bath and massage!) Bye for now. LOL! :lol:

Colesdad

Original Poster
URRRRGGG! Still nothing! I bought some phoenix worms and he liked them, kinda. He still loves his crickets and he craps (its funny how us dragon owners are happy an animal craps!) He does go near his food bowl, he is an active little guy and explores every part of his cage. We take him out to feed crickets, we put him on the floor and he eats and then explores the room for about 15and then we put him up for an hour hour or so before we handle him again. He doesn't care to eat in his cage, he just kinda stares and eats only a few crickets, way less than when we feed outside. What can I do! He is only 2 months old, should I be worried yet about him eating veggies? Please don't suggest me not feeding him for a while so he has to eat something, therefore forcing him to eat veggies. Someone told me this and I can't imagine this would help any , right?

Side note! In 4weeks my wife has gone from, "hell no, we are NOT getting a lizard" to "its getting late, I'm going to let him hang out in my hoodie so he can fall asleep in my sweatshirt". Lol

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Colesdad":3mtjokf1 said:
What can I do! He is only 2 months old, should I be worried yet about him eating veggies? Please don't suggest me not feeding him for a while so he has to eat something, therefore forcing him to eat veggies. Someone told me this and I can't imagine this would help any , right?
No need to worry at 2mths. I don't think anyone here would tell you to hold back food so the baby would be 'forced' into eating greens. He's to young to have this be an issue. Just keep offering, he'll get it :wink:

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
Hige won't eat in his viv and seems to prefer a different environment to 'go on the hunt' as it were. I have floorboards with cracks in that a cricket would escape down so now, since my viv opens at the top, i put in a large plastic tub inside the viv to feed him in. He gets a different environment to eat in, while i get a controlled feeding session with no escapees. If one does escape, its only into the viv and Hige is all over it the minute i let him out. When he's full he usually just jumps out onto his basking log. Now i give him most of his feed in the morning, and kill some crickets myself and put them atop his greens that he'll go for in the afternoon - this way i know he's at least been at the veg dish!

Re. the veg, i dont think Hige was offered it much in his old home and although he's 18 months now it kinda seems like he's starting from scratch with learning to eat veggies. I found mixing in the morioworms worked well and i killed some crickets and put them ontop which he seemed to do well with too. I found basil and dandelion was a big hit - as if it was 'beardie chocolate' or something! I mix it in with his staple greens now and i think its the stronger smell that attracts him over.

Colesdad

Original Poster
I bought some of the Omnivore freeze dried veggies bc my sister in law says hers love them (they're from the same litter), they give off a sweet smell. So Slash ate some the other day. We came home and saw what looked a veggie royal rumble! We could tell he had eaten some, he had a big ole belly ! Is this package good for them eat for a while? I was thinking this would be a good thing to do for a couple of months while get got used to eating out of his bowl. I know fresh veggies are better butt I was wondering if feeding this stuff for a few months is okay.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
As long as the packaged food doesn't contain anything that a BD shouldn't eat. (Like meal worms) Then my opinion is that it's fine. Not everyone enjoys the idea that Myah will get crickets in a can (On occasion) but that's what she had while on her coccidia meds as she would only eat if I fed her by hand. Sometimes you just have to do what works to obtain a goal. Good Luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom