Giant roach?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob461

So yesterday I opened the roach container and there is a giant roach that is really see through in my container. It is a male with giant wings.. is it normal to have giant roaches like this? It is 2-3 times as big as a normal roaches, I will attach some pictures as soon as they get to my inbox or I get back from work.

roach1.jpg

roach2.jpg

Rob461

Original Poster
Still kinda wondering what to do about this, is there a problem with him staying in there?

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Yeah it looks a lot like a fusca roach. I would just remove him from the bin as nothing good can come from keeping him in there with your dubias.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Rob461":2mw3cwq3 said:
Ok I will remove it... wonder how the hell he got in there!

A lot of roach breeders breed more then 1 type of roach. Maybe that one escaped and he actually put it in the wrong bin.

Rob461

Original Poster
Yeah I guess that makes since.. kinda feel bad for having to flush him down the toilet.. I tried to get the girlfriend to do it now, but she wont so it will have to wait till I get home from work,.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Rob461":2i6mlyj4 said:
Yeah I guess that makes since.. kinda feel bad for having to flush him down the toilet.. I tried to get the girlfriend to do it now, but she wont so it will have to wait till I get home from work,.

Yeah I'm not a fan of killing things either. You can always let him go outside. Atleast he would get to live for a few more months.

Rob461

Original Poster
Ha.. not sure how my Land Lord would feel if someone told him I had let a giant roach loose outside my apartment building.. haha. Also do you happen to live in Lakewood, Ohio? Little off topic, but I live very close.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Rob461":3h9u7poa said:
Ha.. not sure how my Land Lord would feel if someone told him I had let a giant roach loose outside my apartment building.. haha. Also do you happen to live in Lakewood, Ohio? Little off topic, but I live very close.

Well I live in Avon now but growing up I lived in Lakewood, Oh. While in school we had to create a username for the computers and this was the one I used. It's stuck with me very since for some reason.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Judging from the size that is actually a blaberus giganteus, giant cave roach.
Make great display animals and good pet roaches. Very beautiful. it is ashamed you flushed it. Be on the look out for others you may have other nymphs in there

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
a pet roach just what i always wanted :puke: and that thing is huge i would have screamed if i opened my bin to that

Grimleo

Juvie Member
lol tastiger those are perfect size for a savannah monitor staple :p *just something to think about* LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom