Ghostrider: not a movie for beardie lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogvitt

Hatchling Member
The other night I was watching 'Ghostrider' - it was a decent movie until near the end, where it graphically shows a bearded dragon getting toasted to death! I know it was computer animation, but still! :angry5: That's when I turned it off, so I'm not sure how it ended. It bothers me that that most people would find that acceptable (compared to if this same scene had involved a dog or cat).

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
You've got a good point there, the viewers would of gone mad if it was a cat or dog! I don't think some people realise how fantstic pets beardies are (and i use the term pets loosley as they are more than just pets) :)

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I gotta say that I do like the movie Ghostrider and I also love my beardies. I really cant say that I wont watch a movie because they show an animal getting hurt or killed because I know that its fake (and I know that everyone knows that also). In probably 99% of movies they show humans being hurt or killed, which is worse than an animal being hurt or killed, yet we still watch those movies.

What I don't like are the people that do see stuff like that in movies and enjoy it so much that they will go home and do it on an actual animal. That is just horrible. Take the stuff on youtube. Some of the things that people do to their pets is so sad that I stop watching it because it is real. I started watching one video where someone took a baby beadie and put it in a tank with a full grown adult. Well instantly the adult started eating the baby and I had to stop the video (and report it).

pogvitt

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I can see your point, and I know that lots of humans/animals 'die' in the movies. What I didn't like is the beardie was 'killed' for artistic effect, with no bearing on plot development. I think it is an indication of society's perception of reptiles in general(which is not one that is beneficial to reptiles).

BigD16

Juvie Member
Something tells me there is another movie out there called "Ghost Rider" But isnt that the one Nick Cage played in where he sold his soul to protect the woman he's in love with? If so, I have to say... I've seen that movie hundreds of times and never noticed a beardie in it. Maybe it's just me or it's simply another movie with the same name as the nick cage one.

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
lol love this movie! and ive seen cats and dogs die in movies it never bothered me to be honest i know the animal is probably treated like a king off set! haha

ReptiMama2

Hatchling Member
I never realized it was a beardie until now! Though I was a little irked when I saw it the lizard burst into flames :( but it is only a movie and fake. I still like Ghostrider and I'll still watch it :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That reminds me of a movie we saw awhile back. It came out several years ago. It was called Nim's Island. It had a beardie (named Fred) as the girls friend. The whole movie was really good, the only part we didn't like (especially my husband) was near the end where the girl is throwing beardies through the air to scare people that are on the island. We knew that particular part was computer generated but it was soo realistic that it bothered us.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That movie wasn't as bad as watching Ghostrider as you described it. What bothers us is someone will try those things in real life expecting the same thing to happen that happened in the movie.

pogvitt

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know, I overreacte to that sort of thing. It just bothered me more than it should have.

drgnfly2265":1fmw7uno said:
pogvitt":1fmw7uno said:
Here is the clip, the beardie appears at 58 s (I am pretty sure it is a beardie, even though it appears that they are in the American Southwest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn82VF3TQPs&feature=related

I didn't even notice that the beardie was there, lol. And I've seen that move a lot!

I guess a beardie has to make his way into Hollywood somehow and earn a living, lol.

try Nims Island, much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom