getting worried

xyqz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shaman
my bearded dragon is underweight and quite skinny i’ve been worried about him for awhile i’m unable to get him/she into the vet he hasent been eating lately and shows signs of dehydration, he/she hasent been active lately either. (the dirt in the water is from shaman playing in the water) every now and again there is weird behaviour I notice such as digging and aggressive scratching. I need to be able to give he/she what they need, the diet shaman is currently on is not sufficient enough for him/her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 52

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my bearded dragon is underweight and quite skinny i’ve been worried about him for awhile i’m unable to get him/she into the vet he hasent been eating lately and shows signs of dehydration, he/she hasent been active lately either. (the dirt in the water is from shaman playing in the water) every now and again there is weird behaviour I notice such as digging and aggressive scratching. I need to be able to give he/she what they need
She doesn't look underweight- please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them - uvb coil or long tube fixture and how old is the bulb-- where is it placed

xyqz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shaman
She doesn't look underweight- please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them - uvb coil or long tube fixture and how old is the bulb-- where is it placed
i’m not sure what the temps are or how im getting them the bulb is quite old from my guess I don’t completely remember when I got it, it is placed right above where she mainly lays

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i’m not sure what the temps are or how im getting them the bulb is quite old from my guess I don’t completely remember when I got it, it is placed right above where she mainly lays
You need to get 2 digital probe thermometers - you want surface basking temps of 95-100- a long tube uvb- these are absolutely critical to your dragons health and survival - please drop water on his nose to see if he will lick - he won't eat if he's dehydrated - do you have a coil bulb in one of those domes? I can post links for a good uvb-

xyqz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shaman
it’s the angle she was laying, she has a boney tail and looks a lot skinner when laying flat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 47

xyqz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shaman
You need to get 2 digital probe thermometers - you want surface basking temps of 95-100- a long tube uvb- these are absolutely critical to your dragons health and survival - please drop water on his nose to see if he will lick - he won't eat if he's dehydrated - do you have a coil bulb in one of those domes? I can post links for a good uvb-
I don’t have anything to drop a small amount of water on his nose but I tried giving him a food dish full of water n he just went in and out of it, im not sure what type of bulb it is but any links you have to help please share.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don’t have anything to drop a small amount of water on his nose but I tried giving him a food dish full of water n he just went in and out of it, im not sure what type of bulb it is but any links you have to help please share.
You can use your hand just drop water on his nose to see if he will lick - dragons usually do not drink from a bowl - you can try a bath as well - just do not let him start drinking really fast or he will aspirate --- I am going to post 3 good UVB's please choose one -
For a 40 + gallon tank you want a 24" fixture
this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you need this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one it can be found at Pet Smart if you have one - you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you will need to replace the bulb w/ the one I posted above - 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
you need two digital probe thermometers like this your pet stores carry them usually
Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
what are you using for a basking bulb? It needs to be a clear solid bright white bulb - no off white or yellowish or daytime bulbs-- once all this is corrected your dragon should start eating again -- please get this fixed as soon as possible - when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for the tank - your screen on the tank will determine where it goes as well as distance

xyqz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shaman
You can use your hand just drop water on his nose to see if he will lick - dragons usually do not drink from a bowl - you can try a bath as well - just do not let him start drinking really fast or he will aspirate --- I am going to post 3 good UVB's please choose one -
For a 40 + gallon tank you want a 24" fixture
this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you need this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one it can be found at Pet Smart if you have one - you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you will need to replace the bulb w/ the one I posted above - 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
you need two digital probe thermometers like this your pet stores carry them usually
Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
what are you using for a basking bulb? It needs to be a clear solid bright white bulb - no off white or yellowish or daytime bulbs-- once all this is corrected your dragon should start eating again -- please get this fixed as soon as possible - when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for the tank - your screen on the tank will determine where it goes as well as distance
the basking bulb is a yellowish/orange color as you see in the pictures from earlier, I will try my best to get it fixed immediately and I will post back. He would not drink the water I put on his nose and I feel bad since some of it got into his eye and now he is laying with his eyes closed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the basking bulb is a yellowish/orange color as you see in the pictures from earlier, I will try my best to get it fixed immediately and I will post back. He would not drink the water I put on his nose and I feel bad since some of it got into his eye and now he is laying with his eyes closed.
What is the brand your using?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom