Getting very concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Houdini will be 11 months on the 15th and has been in and of brumation since November. He wakes up daily and climbs onto his hammock and does nothing else. Not that I can tell as I work all day but he does nothing but that on the weekends. He eats very little and can go a few days without eating anything. I have superworms and greens for him daily as well as water. The greens end up going to waste due to his not eating it and it all just dries up. I can't seem to find a fruit that he's interested in eating other than a few blueberries. He's 18 inches and weighs only 345 grams. (I finally found a scale that's reasonably priced).

Is this a normal weight? I don't think so? Could he just be lazy and bored due to the winter season or could something be seriously wrong? His viv is very warm but he prefers the cooler area such as on the hammock or under a log. He poops once a week if I'm lucky and that's after a long warm bath.

Should I bring him to a vet? I don't really want to waste money on a checkup if this is normal. He absolutely loves to cuddle and is cuddling with me every evening for a few hours and even sleeps in my bed sometimes.

Thanks for reading and any help/advise is greatly appreciated.

doe222

Juvie Member
i personally have not delt with brumation yet but i have a 9month old dragon but i have done alot of research on it. Basically its in the dragons best interest (from what ive heard) to not let them brumate thier first year. But 18in at 350grams is pretty normal. mines 15.5 in at 9months at 280 grams and i consider him chunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom