Getting my beardie to drink water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get your beardie to drink more water. I have only seen Grievous drink from his water dish once, and sometimes he will drink when I bath him. I mist him everyday and bath him about every other day. Any suggestions on how to make sure Grievous stays hydrated?
Thanks,
Sadie

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Not a problem. Do a quick read through of my care sheet (link in sig) It's up to date with the most recommended advice on the forums. There is also a nice link to a nutrition chart.

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
I've been bathing Toothless daily as I was instructed by members here. But while in the sink I drip water on his nose. The first 5-6 times he licks it off, after that he shakes his head lie a dog to get it off and I know he's had enough.

Mike

Myfirstbeardie

Original Poster
Yes, and he always eats them. What concerns me most is that for the last month or so he won’t drink any water when I bath him, and his skin is a little wrinkled and I heard that could mean he is dehydrated. I’m just worried he isn't getting enough water.
-Sadie

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
all of mine drinks from a bowl. If they are thirsty, they will drink. You probably have never seen it, but they don't drink that much and often. they can get a lot of moisture they need from the veggies they eat. If you don't feed a lot of veggies and only offer bugs, you will see them drink much more often. That's just what I observed from all my animals. Even the green iguanas will drink out of a bowl; I've caught my iguana drinking in front of me several times and one time he drank from the bathtub when I was bathing him.

angrif

Mine didn't like the bowl when I first had it in the tank. I took it out because it was spiking the humidity in the viv and now I give him a bath every day. If he's thirsty he will dip his head in to drink the water. After that he's usually done and don't want to be in the little plastic tub anymore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom