Getting Better+Feeding and Hydration Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
86034-2108450695.jpg
86034-7868632548.jpg
86034-5382230738.jpg

I'm still worried about my dear boy Hydra. Is he recovering properly? Does he look healthy for his age? He hasn't been eating as much and I can't get him to drink water anymore except for his antibiotics in the morning, any tips on that?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty good. Nice and alert. For the water I would just fill a nice big syringe with water and keep dripping it on his nose. Might want to put a towel down to pick up what he ignores. The movement of the drops will likely entice him to have a drink if he wants it. You may wind up wasting a fair bit but that's OK. Don't push it too hard but it's important that he stays well hydrated while on antibiotics so I'd be sure he has as much as he wants.

SweetSpicyDragon

Original Poster
CooperDragon":zrcowqyx said:
He looks pretty good. Nice and alert. For the water I would just fill a nice big syringe with water and keep dripping it on his nose. Might want to put a towel down to pick up what he ignores. The movement of the drops will likely entice him to have a drink if he wants it. You may wind up wasting a fair bit but that's OK. Don't push it too hard but it's important that he stays well hydrated while on antibiotics so I'd be sure he has as much as he wants.

Okay, thanks for the info! He's been a bit of a handful recently but I'd do anything for my reptile babies

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SweetSpicyDragon":27hqwkuc said:
CooperDragon":27hqwkuc said:

Okay, thanks for the info! He's been a bit of a handful recently but I'd do anything for my reptile babies

Some are real livewires ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom