Getting a Beardie FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter94

Ok, well I found an ad on craiglist for a Beardie her name is sarge and she is 3 Years old and huge!

The previous owners thought she was a male until she laid 25 eggs which explains the name. (I haven't got her yet I get her on the 15th or 16th of this month.)

Here are some pics of her. She comes with a 50 Gallon Tank, UV light, Heat Lamp, Heat Pad, Heat Rock, Hiding Log, 2 Climbing Sticks, Decor, Food Dish, Water Dish, Beardie Food, Cricket Powder, Beardie Book and a couple of Frozen Pinkies. I'm going to be taking out the Heat Pad and Heat Rock when I get her, I hate to see those in the cage. She also is in sand =( going to replace that with paper towels when I get her then going to get Reptile Carpet when I can afford it. If you have any advice on feeding please give me some cause I'm not sure about diets when Beardies are adults so please give me feeding advice. Also what kind of morph/beardie do you think she is? I was thinking German Giant cause she looks like one.

sarge1.jpg

sarge2.jpg

sarge3.jpg

Mcfrekinns

I think adults are supposed to have more greens than meat. Also, MAKE SURE TO NOT USE THE HEAT PAD OR ROCK. Your beardie's tummy could get burned because they don't want to get off. Well, cheers on getting a new dragon!

jeschardies

Hatchling Member
I would stay away from the pinkies. Ask the owner what she was eating and when they last replaced the uv bulb. If not a reptisun purchased within the past few months, you may want to look at replacing it with a new reptisun tube.
Congrats on the new addition and take a look at www.beautifuldragons.com for some nutritional info.....

scalemaster132

normally adults eat 80% greens and 20% protien. turnip greens and collard greens are good. my little girl loves dandelion greens. try to stay away from kale, iceberg and romain lettuce. they dont provide enough vitamins. the dragon is beautiful! congrats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom