Get My New Uro Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why would you feed crickets? Uros are vegetarians, their bodys can't handle the high phosphorus levels of feeder insects. And just like beardies uros arn't crazy wild running around for the first couple weeks, they eventually warm up to you. Saharans in particular have been known to take months to warm up to you and become active when you are around. Mine still pretty much goes and hides if i stare at him too long but if i set far back int he room he comes out and basks. Sorry if i missed it earlier in the thread but what greens are you feeding? Mine loves bok choy and mustard greens.

The belly shot picture isn't showing up for me at the moment. I will get on a different computer in a couple hours to see what it looks like.

It probably isn't eating becuase relocation stress, mine eat very little for the first 2 weeks.

-Brandon

mike91383

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was feeding him crixs as a treat. I read on the deerfernfarm site that's ok to do that. He doesn't hid when I come up to him. He seems to like being held. Maybe he's just lazy. He eats collard, mustard, turnips. I read in a different forum to try colorful foods to attact him to the dish; Red bell peppers,eatible flowers, and things like that. Do they eat fruit? I guess I am just use to seeing my beardies jumping around like crazys.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I believe you can feed certain fruits ( not bananas) but I'm not too sure. Mine is more of a 'glass dancer' butwhen he is out of his cage he his quite the explorer. You could try that, mine thinks he is at Disneyland when he is out of the tank.

Ps frankie most likely is a boy judgeing by his colors.
.... Pss.... How's your set up? Pics would be great I don't get to see many uro set ups on here :)

-Brandon

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
My uro's eat superworms once a week ...about 4 each...The go nuts for them.And Of course they have their veggies everyday :mrgreen:

mike91383

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I still have some work to do on his Viv but here there are.
IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

It's setup is like my beardies.

My guy still fits in the palm of my hand so I am no help to u as far as eating for an adult. My guy eats his collards or mustards everyday though and a good bit. I read on one of the site only to do meal worms so that all I have been letting mine have. He eats about between 5-10 in the evening after his greens. He does need to be fattened up some but that should be easy once he gets used to everything. I will try and post my pictures. He is yellow to but is in the middle of a shed so his top is brown right now.

mike91383

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Very nice! I would love to see pics of your Uro! Frankie is however starting to eat more but still doesn't eat as much as my Beardies do. LOL

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
mike91383":97767 said:
So I have been hand feeding Frankie. He finally is get use to his new Viv. Also eating when I'm not looking abit! But he's still very inactive compared to my beardie. Are Uro's alway so docile? Could this be from his poor diet from the other owner, I got him from? He has also, eaten some crickets? Could this be why he's not as hungry for his greens?

Dont let them eat crickets they get gout if you do. I have a URO that was fed Crickets and he had gout issues in one leg for a very long time. But he is recovered now and I have noticed they are pretty docile. Mine likes to sleep in his hide and bask most of the time. He also likes digging for seeds.

mike91383

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So, he have been off Crixs for about two weeks now. He is eating his greens like crazy. He eats all of them every day now! I am so happy to see him more active lately.
Thanks everyone,
Mike

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Seriously though don't feed a uro bugs they are herbivore lizards. You will kill them I know I had it happen. My first uro I was told they ate bugs and he ended up real sick and died I found out after the fact why he died. That was also the first time I learned do not trust what a pet store tells you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom