General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I have a 41/2 month old beardie. He/she is only 7 inches from tip to tail. From reading other posts, this seems a bit small. How big should a beardie be at this age? How much should they grow? He/she has probably grown about 1/2inch in the month that I have had it. He/she eats well and health has been great. I feed a mix of crickets, PW's, silkies & butterworms. I put veg out everyday but in general he/she never touches it. All lights and temps are fine. I use a MVB and tems range from 100 - 85.

I have also heard that silkies are not an impaction risk. So far I have been feeding my beardie just the small ones but I am quickly running out; The rest are rather large. The space between my beardie's eyes is about 1/2 inch and the silkies range from 1-1/12 inches. Are these safe to feed to my beardie?

Thanks for your help!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
There is no set in stone "This is how big your dragon needs to be when". My 10 month old is barely 10 inches (From neglect before I recieved her) but besides her size, she's healthy as a horse. As long as you're offering enough food and lights and such are right, she'll grow as she's meant to. How much is she eating? Ignoring salad is normal for kids, just keep offering and she'll come around eventually.

I'm not sure about the silkies, sorry. Never used them.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. he/she eats like a horse. She ate about 5 butterworms and 30 small phoenix worms yesterday morning and about 20 PW's again last night. I also dust them with calcium 1x per day and a multivitamin about 4x per week. She may have eaten a bite of cactus the other day but I am not totally sure. I hope he/she begins to eat her veg more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom