General Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
Well you have the Hammburg show for starters, try searching that to begin with. Anything that's not meant to be out of Australia for example Eastern bearded dragons, Pygmy bearded dragons, Kimberly rock monitors, and all other aussie reptiles that you guys don't have in the states seem to miraculously appear in Germany for the first time :roll: . I'm sure it wopuld be the same for reptiles from all over the world lol.

foto69man

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I love the eastern dragons...get one that is as close to solid black as possible. Well time to start researching the laws on taking pets back to the states if I buy them in Germany

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
foto69man":1iux78dk said:
I love the eastern dragons...get one that is as close to solid black as possible. Well time to start researching the laws on taking pets back to the states if I buy them in Germany

First point of call would be the air force itself mate. There seems to be a rumour that circulates from time to time that export laws don't apply to service men as when you get a pet while living overseas you can take it back with you no hassles on their dime. Whether this is true or not would be worth investigating.

foto69man

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RedInkAus":3ptp9jba said:
foto69man":3ptp9jba said:

First point of call would be the air force itself mate. There seems to be a rumour that circulates from time to time that export laws don't apply to service men as when you get a pet while living overseas you can take it back with you no hassles on their dime. Whether this is true or not would be worth investigating.

I don't beleive it's true, cause we still have to ship/move pets just like anyone else would on a move from country to country. My thing is, if I bought a eastern bearded dragon...then I move two years later...will I have to provide proof of purchase/country of origin type things? Anybody more knowldgeabloe on this or know where to look?

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
foto69man":1q5tw2dr said:
I don't beleive it's true, cause we still have to ship/move pets just like anyone else would on a move from country to country. My thing is, if I bought a eastern bearded dragon...then I move two years later...will I have to provide proof of purchase/country of origin type things? Anybody more knowldgeabloe on this or know where to look?

US Customs mate would be the way to go for that kind of information.

Ric

Hatchling Member
I've got a question for you.

You just had to sell your dragon because you are deploying for a year in another country and now you are looking to get more reptiles once there that you will have to "sell" again when it is time for you to move again. That's not very responsible. Why would you do that to another animal?

I've been involved in animal rescue for years now and it just saddens and sickens me to no end the lack of caring that people show their pets. Especially those in the armed forces. The sheer amount of dogs and other animals to hit the shelters when the bases around here deploy is staggering to say the least. I implore you to wait until you are in a more stable position to own an animal before you purchase more.

foto69man

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ric":27m6qfut said:
I've got a question for you.

You just had to sell your dragon because you are deploying for a year in another country and now you are looking to get more reptiles once there that you will have to "sell" again when it is time for you to move again. That's not very responsible. Why would you do that to another animal?

I've been involved in animal rescue for years now and it just saddens and sickens me to no end the lack of caring that people show their pets. Especially those in the armed forces. The sheer amount of dogs and other animals to hit the shelters when the bases around here deploy is staggering to say the least. I implore you to wait until you are in a more stable position to own an animal before you purchase more.

I sold Marvin because you can't take animals on a deployment to Afghanistan...lol...but afterwards I will be stationed in Germany for two years. So this is more of me just wondering about the feasability of bringing back an animal from germany. SOrry if that wasn't clear to you. I may or may not get an animal a year from now, depends on the laws of bringing it back to the states, when I'd leave germany 3 years from now.

I am very responsible with my pets, as I sold Marvin to a friend who had been researching getting a beardie for a year and been over to my house multiple times, and had also babysat marvin. So he is in a good home, and still has the exact same tank/set-up/care as he did with me

foto69man

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It comes with the job...but hey, my friend got the best beardie(IMO) ever...lol...so I managed to make someone else happy in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom