general habitat info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I just got Magellan on Saturday from a girl that could no longer take care of him. He came with everything for a quick set up. He has carpet in there but wanted to get sand cause I thought he would like it better but then was reading the most sand was not good for them. What are my other options for substraight, I just really don't like the way the carpet looks but in the end its not what I like its what it best for Magellan. I read something about tile... what would that cost to do and where would I get it? and right now he just has a heat lamp, but I think there is suppose to be another light for the cool side right. Please give me ideas thank you and Magellan thanks you too :p

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
I think it cost me about $8 to tile my viv. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and it's in the flooring department. I love my tile, wouldn't trade it for the world.

I also use tile. It helps keep their nails filed and very easy to clean. I just clean the poo up with baby wipes and use a steamer once a week or two to sanitize. Just make sure you use tile with a texture and not the smooth ones. That way the beardie won't slip around.( I need to get some more for the new enclousure.)
110908001.jpg

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
You do need to pick a tile that is textured - not a slick smooth one. My tile is pretty rough, and my beardie still slips on it a little bit.

RaginRainbow85

Original Poster
thank you guys for getting back to me so fast this is so wonderful! :blob5: :blob5:

Do they have a preferance to tile over the other option or is this basically whats easies for us?

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Well, it won't kill them, so they probably prefer that aspect of it. Some people use something as simple as paper towels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom