Fun to watch in the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my older beardie has been acting strange in the water lately when before she never seemed to like it now she is swimming and dunking her head under the water and she will swim like that, head under the water and then scratches at her head as though she got water in her ears. She seems to be enjoying herself! And she is fun to watch, anyone know why she may be doing this?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Ha ha,,because she likes it!!! I'm not sure about the scratching her head after though...my girl Puff loves to swim, but she just acts normal after taking a dip,,no scratching or anything...

LilyPad999

Original Poster
She barely does it! Just thought it was strange that she puts her entire head under I'm glad to hear its normal! Or so it seems haha

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, I have some videos posted somewhere, maybe in behaviour section..Puff swimming of something like that..She swims like an alligator sometimes..;.too funny

kFitz

Hatchling Member
My girl scratches her head after dunking it under water too. I think it's just that she doesn't like the feeling of water droplets on her head/face. Shaking like a dog probably isn't feasible for them, so scratching at the water is the next best thing!

ShiverBug

That is to funny. If you have the capability, I'de love to see video of that. (Gonna go hunt for kcarello's vids in a second.)

I just introduced my (adult) beardie to a bath for the first time in his life. At first he wasn't to sure about it, then he dunked his head under as far as it would go (water was about 1.5 in deep) and started gulping down water so long, I pulled his head up out of it. "Breathe, you silly lizard!" Which begs to question, how long can a beardie hold it's breath under water? How long have you observed yours submersing him/herself?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
When Puff is swimming I only let her go for maybe 3 or 4 seconds before lifting her up myself, have always been to chicken to just let her go..

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
i let max swim as long as he wants as i figure he knows his capapbilities miuch more than i do and he gets really mad if he cant have his swim time lol he tried to swim in his water dish alot but hes too big so i just put him in the tub when he does that.. max scratches like a dog all the time its pretty funny but for a while his third eye spot was shedding and rtaining and it was driving him crazy im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom