Full worms not digested at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmc3213

Hello,
Spaz, my beardie, has always had parasite problems. He is about 2 years old now. He has ben on a few different medicines but most recently he was on flagyl suspension for a week along with one dose of a dewormer. And once again these medicines caused him to be unable to digest his food. But this time his poop was almost entirely liquid, black, and full worms were in it. I just recently changed him from just carrots to collard greens, carrots, and acorn squash. I also started powdering his worms with the multivitamin from rep cal. I am in the process of ordering him a calcium supplement form beautiful dragons website too.I also feed him meal worms. I know they aren't ideal but they are the only thing available around here. He was on this medicine about two weeks ago now. I am supposed to give him the flagyl again for another week but I am hesitant to. I don't know why this always messes up his digestive system. He is acting perfectly fine and eating just as much as normal. But his poop has never been this bad before. I did buy acidophiluz but I don't know what is the best way to administer it. Someone please help! I am trying so hard to keep my spaz as healthy as possible. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What was the dose & strength of the Flagyl he was on?
The acidophiliz can be given daily in the amount of around .5ml or so, depending on his size. How much does he weigh?
What are the temperatures in his tank & how do you measure his temperatures? Do you use a digital probe or temp gun? Do you give him a couple of hours prior to bedtime for digesting before lights go out?
Which UVB are you using?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom