Frustrated by Bella

Status
Not open for further replies.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
So Bella has been with me for about 3 months now (she's a year old) and has put on weight and got the all clear from the vet and was doing really well..until lately. She is definately not herself. Yesterday I went to pick her up for her bath and she kept running around her enclosure, and once I did catch her, she tried to jump out of my hands! She is still eating ok, but keeps running around her enclosure like a mad woman and doesn't want to be picked up! :( Anyone have an idea why? I'm going to keep picking her up so she doesn't get worse (hopefully)..but I have no idea whats wrong!

beagle lover

Juvie Member
It could be any number of things. She might be preparing to shed and some dragons don't like to be touched during that. She just might be going through a phaze of some sort. My dragon sometimes gets like that when she is going to leave me a "gift". Just keep an eye on your dragon in case there is an impaction issue or something. Are your UV sources good and all that?

King-Godzilla

Hatchling Member
Angurius went through a phase of acting like a mean animal for a little bit when he was 8 months (beard would go black and strut around the cage like he's the king or something 8) ). And Larry hates it when I touch the areas of shedding skin (he takes his hind leg, and pushes my hand away :lol: )

So it's probably not serious. Could be just a phase.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I think she's going through her dreaded 'teen years' a little later lol. Drives me nuts! Dudlee is the complete opposite!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hey amylee,
Something you may want to consider is possible infertile eggs.
Weight gain and frantic pacing can be signs of a gravid girl.
This is certainly how Dex behaved before she shockingly laid her clutch.
Has she been digging at all?

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom