friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfx606

Okay im looking to get another bearded dragon, either female or male. I already have a male dragon. If I get another dragon, they will certainly be housed seperatley. But if I get another male dragon, would my dragon and the other get along? Like if I were to bring them out and just let them run around would they be ok? They would be housed seperatley and only be together if they were "playing" so to say.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
It is hard to say because they all have their own personallities and are territorial. Alot of times if they are both loose at the same time there is no problems, but other times they won't. If you want to try stay very close and watch them very very well. When they are taken out put as much space between them as possible and if one starts to take off towards the other I would put one up and not chance it again. Just my opinion though and I would recommend getting other opinions as well before attempting. Good luck.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
I have a male and female. Sometimes they will get along but other times I just feel like something bad is going to happen. I just take them out seperatley.

if u already got a male and get another male they will fite alot. but if u got a male and get a female they might mate but dey got a 20% chance of fiteing

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Its hard to tell really. It very much depends on their personalities.
Some dragons are much more hormonal and territorial than others, whereas others are completely indifferent.
Dolces' dragons (a forum member) her three dragons all love to sleep in a pile on their mommas lap! A very rare thing.
I would try it out once to see.
If you see blackbearding or waving I would call it quits on buddy time. These are the first signals of dominance. Violence can happen in the blink of an eye, and it can only take one bite to cause a serious injury. These guys are fast when they want to be!

Perhaps try to introduce them in the bath? Many members bathe their adults together and they are usually more concerned with the water than with eachother.

Either way, just approach with caution :)

Holly

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I have 4 dragons, one has to be taken out alone. Two can be taken out together - they've been together the longest. The last is little. I think he will be able to come out with the other two as I've done it a few times, just need to let him get a bit bigger first.

Niexist

See here is the thing people on this site are adamant about seperate housing, but the reptile shop I get my phoenix worms from houses about 2-3 beardies per cage, all NFS(not for sale) these are all germant giants, and the most beautiful active beardies I have ever seen, and my goal for what I want for my beardie.

So I'm a little indecisive because these beardies are so healthy, so active, like all of them are constantly moving around there viv's, some head bobbing, but never aggressive toward each other, and some just running around seeing what's going on. I know this site has good info, but I feel from talking to the owner of this place that maybe people on this site are overly cautious, because I feel like they do benefit from having a friend in their cage, I don't think anything likes to be completely alone, beardies are no exception, they don't like spending all day waiting around for you to get home.

I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like having another of their own species keeps them at ease, like for instance since I started housing my two beardies Lizard and Novas together, I've seen a complete disappearance of stress marks from Lizard, and they do interact Novas will try to stack on Lizard, but I remove them and they are always aware of each others movements.

I don't know because these are the only two beardies I've ever had, but they seem to have plenty of space, and they are more happy staying together, maybe when they're adults they'll need to be housed seperately, but in my opinion having two beardies together might take away a little of the madness of living in a little cage, and being picked up by some large monkey that feeds you and keeps you hostage.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Niexist":35d9b said:
See here is the thing people on this site are adamant about seperate housing, but the reptile shop I get my phoenix worms from houses about 2-3 beardies per cage, all NFS(not for sale) these are all germant giants, and the most beautiful active beardies I have ever seen, and my goal for what I want for my beardie.

So I'm a little indecisive because these beardies are so healthy, so active, like all of them are constantly moving around there viv's, some head bobbing, but never aggressive toward each other, and some just running around seeing what's going on. I know this site has good info, but I feel from talking to the owner of this place that maybe people on this site are overly cautious, because I feel like they do benefit from having a friend in their cage, I don't think anything likes to be completely alone, beardies are no exception, they don't like spending all day waiting around for you to get home.

I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like having another of their own species keeps them at ease, like for instance since I started housing my two beardies Lizard and Novas together, I've seen a complete disappearance of stress marks from Lizard, and they do interact Novas will try to stack on Lizard, but I remove them and they are always aware of each others movements.

I don't know because these are the only two beardies I've ever had, but they seem to have plenty of space, and they are more happy staying together, maybe when they're adults they'll need to be housed seperately, but in my opinion having two beardies together might take away a little of the madness of living in a little cage, and being picked up by some large monkey that feeds you and keeps you hostage.

Maybe we are "overly cautious" but that's because we've seen way too many stories of what happens when two dragons suddenly decide that they don't WANT a roommate.

Am I also being "overly cautious" to make my children wear their seatbelts? Chances are, nothing will happen, but in the event something DOES happen, the result would be severe injury or death. There's no reason to take that risk, EVER, in my opinion.

PS: Your dragons are already showing signs of brewing trouble. It's only a matter of time. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom