Free Range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinneko

My bf has a Chameleon that's he's building a free-range for with safe plants for his cham and lighting...

Is this something I could do for my beardie too? put up his uvb/uva lights and plant some of the plants he can eat and let him wander around in there for an hour or couple a day? Would a basking spot on rocks near it be a good idea too or would he be ok with just the one in his tank? I was thinking about maybe growing some dandelion greens, endive, arugula, and basil for him there, and I bet he'd love to be able to just walk up to a plant and munch...

I searched in this forum for it, but nothing came up, so I figured I'd ask XD

Info about Frack:
size: 18.5 inches tip of nose to tip of tail

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
If you're talking about an outdoor enclosure with live plants in it that would be a great idea. One thing you will have to watch is what types of bugs get in the enclosure. I would suggest using aluminum screen around the enclosure to keep all bugs out if possible. And definitely include a basking spot in it, natural UVB is far superior to UVB created by lights.

Trinneko

Original Poster
Na... I was thinking more about an indoor one because I'll be moving to New York ... and he'd be stuck in his tank for most of the year, so I thought it'd be good for him to have a larger open air no glass place to run around with dirt and rocks and plants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom