freaks out when in same room that cat stays in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
So recently we got a new kitten, she is the sweetest thing. She wont hurt anything but her toys. When we pick her up while she is clawing at her toys she retracts her claws.

While i was at school, my sister wanted to see how her and my beardie would handle seeing one another. so my sister and mother opened his tank, (it opens on the front side. it hinges open and downward like a dishwasher door) she set the kitten down on the door and held the kittens paws/body back to make sure she couldnt get in and hurt him. so my beardie walked up to the cat and licked it, then went back to basking as if nothing happened. the cat also ignored him and went about trying to get away to attack the fan (she jumps at the ceiling fan and tries to get it).

So when i got home i heard about this, and i wanted to see it for myself. So i took my beardie into the room the cat resides in. (she is a kitten and too small to be allowed to roam the house so she stays in my moms room, with her food, water and litter box), when i took him in there he jumped out of my hand and onto the bed and crawled up my sister frantically and then jumped on the floor. i picked him up and removed him from the room, set him down in the room his viv is in, and he acted normally. so i checked him for any injuries and he was fine, and is acting like nothing happened now. the cat ended up not being in the room when i took him in there. so why did he freak out?

he is eating and acting fine now. could it have been the scent of the cat? should i let the cat snuggle me and then put my shirt in his viv to let him get used to it?
could it have been the scent of the litter?
how should i go about this? i want them to be acquainted when they see each other like other peoples beardies/cats.
should i get him out and test out letting him and the cat see each other? (restraining the cat of course.)

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Has he been fine in that room prior to getting the new kitten? Have you tried to take him in that room again to see if he had the same reaction? It might be a random freak out or something might have startled him. If I were you I would try and safely take him in the room again to see if it is the cat or the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom