Freaked My bearded dragon out last night...

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
So last night im doing my usual before bed things that i do every night. For context my bearded dragon is on a rack system with my fat tail geckos cage above him. So I go to spray my fat tails humid hide like i do everynight because the humidity has dropped a little bit and i grab my sprayer and get on my step stool and my bearded dragon rico absolutely lost his mind. I dont know if the weather had anything to do with it (it was extremely windy all day) but Im just confused because I do this everynight before I go to bed and hes never done this before. His beard was black so I know he was stressed out but like I said I'm just confused to what actually scared him becasuse I do it every night. Rico is also 4 years old and has been on the rack for 5 months and has been doing great but if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
So last night im doing my usual before bed things that i do every night. For context my bearded dragon is on a rack system with my fat tail geckos cage above him. So I go to spray my fat tails humid hide like i do everynight because the humidity has dropped a little bit and i grab my sprayer and get on my step stool and my bearded dragon rico absolutely lost his mind. I dont know if the weather had anything to do with it (it was extremely windy all day) but Im just confused because I do this everynight before I go to bed and hes never done this before. His beard was black so I know he was stressed out but like I said I'm just confused to what actually scared him becasuse I do it every night. Rico is also 4 years old and has been on the rack for 5 months and has been doing great but if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.
Maybe you should take the gecko tank off Rico’s tank and put it somewhere else. When the tank is on top of another it may effect temperature.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Hi, it could've been the wind. It was surely howling. PLease see my post about Rocky. Yesterday was the first time Rocky responded yet he defininately heard the wind before.
I look at other factors...he is going onto a shed, he finished his brumation (if that is what we want to call it), it's mating season and he has no one but chirping birds that he loves to hear but fears to see...I mean there's a lot going on over here!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom