20231202_120145.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 30

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow frank is a handsome dude.
He looks like he has made himself right at home to.

RachelG

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frank Ocean
Ah, the old Phantom of the Opera look.

I see you pack him a nice little lunch to snack on lest he get famished between naps. :ROFLMAO:
This little one STAYS eating! He literally ran and skid across his tile floor to catch a wayward cricket, and then sprinted back to the other side of his enclosure to gulp a bite of salad... as if it were going anywhere, as if it hadn't been in there ALL DAY.😂

On that note, though, I had a concern I hoped you might weigh in on. Frank had small crickets today, and they looked kinda big for "small," so there I was, measuring them with a little piece of tape and comparing it to his eye-space. They were small enough, so I offered one. He ate it, no prob. I fed them one by one and he had no problems eating like 20, jumping at me for more. He was clearly managing them just fine, and I gave a few at once, so he could actually chase them... And chase he did. He went after them so quick, he got 3 of them AND a piece of bell pepper into his mouth before gulping it down! 😱 I was shocked, but he just dashed off after the rest, and went about his business of eating, basking, hopping, etc.

Should I do something different? I tried verbally reasoning with him, but he wasn't particularly receptive. 😬

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
He is a very pretty boy and I'm really looking forward to see more of him in the future :)

What in particular are you worried about in terms of the eating? That he might get to much in his mouth at once?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Active is good 👍 if he is willing to chase food, let him. It's good exercise 💪. They can become INCREDIBLY lazy if hand fed, so if he hunts I'd call that a win 🙂

RachelG

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frank Ocean
He is a very pretty boy and I'm really looking forward to see more of him in the future :)

What in particular are you worried about in terms of the eating? That he might get to much in his mouth at once?
Yes, I worry he tries to swallow too much at once. 😶

pokemonaq8

The issue is that there's also the ugly stereotype where 'women are so hard to understand and never say what they want or what they mean'. We do though. And the only reason people believe this is that once they make it clear that they can't handle us being frank, we don't tell them things anymore. The context is important.

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
The issue is that there's also the ugly stereotype where 'women are so hard to understand and never say what they want or what they mean'. We do though. And the only reason people believe this is that once they make it clear that they can't handle us being frank, we don't tell them things anymore. The context is important.
What?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom