Four 3 Day old Beardies Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soraisu

I Have four three day old Beardies. In the 10 Gallon tank which they're currently in, I have Paper towels at the bottom, A Water Bowl And a Small Log. I Didn't know how much I Should put in since They might've had troubles finding the food. But now there's a Bigger Issue, They're refusing to Eat Anything and Everything I'm offering them. Nothing bigger than the space between they're eyes, I've offered Crickets, Lettuce, Broccoli, Carrots, Jevenile Bearded Dragon Food { The tiny colored pellets } which had Softened from Being soaked in water. I'd Try offering them Very tiny mealworms but I've read it could Cause somekind of Digestion problems. The Humidity's Fine, I Noticed today the heat in they're Basking Spot's a Tad low but I Don't think it's Low to the point it'd Affect them and Eating. I have both Lamps, The Heat Lamp and the UVB. They're Perfectly Hydrated, I've Been Misting them Twice a Day Plus they typically lay inside they're water bowl.

They're Behaviour isn't very Strange except for One and Somewhat another one, Who're having a few troubles Walking a Straight Line? I Don't know how to Really say it but The one Seems to Spin in circles a lot and Take steps in odd Directions as if he/she's Reaching and then he/she ends up falling over. I Have no Idea why.

Many times they'll Sort of Eye the Cricket and Watch it come Close then Take a few steps back or just ignore it. I Was Happy to See the one Semi-follow it but after a few seconds it just went back to doing nothing.

I'm Getting Worried since this Is the Third // 2nd and a Half day they Haven't Eaten anything. Considering They're Babies, I Don't think that's good. I'm Pretty Sure I Supplied enough Additional Info. All Suggestions are Welcome and Would be Much Appreciated.. :|

Soraisu

Original Poster
I'd Gotten this Light From Someone Else, I Don't have the Original Box For it but on the Light Bulb It Says R-Zilla. Now that I Think about it, I Don't Recognise the Brand but She Said it was once used for bearded dragons.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
If it is a coil light this may be the problem! Try to shoot the temps for 105-108 % Also make sure you are putting calcium on all of their food!! Sometimes they don eat until 4-5 days after!! But if it is the coil type uvb I would turn it off and get a reptisun 10.0.. Hope this helps..

Soraisu

Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":d0b7a said:
If it is a coil light this may be the problem! But if it is the coil type uvb I would turn it off and get a reptisun 10.0..

Sorry to go Off-topic But What's the Difference between a Coil light and Another kind?

Yes, I've been Dusting every cricket I've been trying to feed to them. I'll try to get the temperature higher. Do baby beardies really go that Long until they start Eating? The person who Hatched the eggs for me Said they'd have a Big appetite and Would devour the crickets.

:?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
The coil light is the type you screw into a socket and looks like an energy saver bulb and the other type is a tube kinda like in a drop ceiling! And like we said it may still be early for them to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom