Found lady bug in Beardie's stool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmcnick

Hello.. As you know, fall and winter are the time for ladybugs in the Midwest. Apparently one found its way into my Beardie's vision cage as I found it in his stool.

How toxic are ladybugs? His stool was watery but I gave him cactus pad the same day so I don't know what's from what. He acts fairly normal but I am worried it could have caused something I'm not seeing.

Should I have a fecal done? Anything else I should do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Crazy beardies eating up everything in sight sometimes ! If it passed through then it's done no harm...was it chewed at all or fully intact ?

nmcnick

Original Poster
Looked to be fully intact.

No harm done then? Ugh that's a relief..

Any ideas to bug proof his cage? I don't even understand how it got in as all the holes are tiny..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This time of year with the beetles and box elders coming into the houses in force it's near impossible to completely bug proof the tank. Keep the screen top on as much as possible and keep the doors closed if you have them. Otherwise just keep a close eye on the tank and remove any bugs you see. I also vacuum almost constantly to keep them off the floor and furniture so they don't get eaten during outside the tank time. I haven't found them to cause a problem if ingested in small quantities but eating a few of them may be a different story (I'm not sure). I keep an emergency activated charcoal kit on hand just in case.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He should be fine ingesting just one. To my knowledge, I don't think they are known to be toxic. He probably would have already had some type of reaction to it by now, too.
This time of year it is hard keeping all bugs out of the house, with cooler weather coming.
I am sure he will be just fine!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom