Force Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Hi all, I think I am going to have to start force feeding my beardie and I am not looking forward to it. I have no idea how to get her mouth open :( Does anyone have a foolproof plan? I hate the idea of hurting my Brindi, but I hate the fact that she isn't eating also so needs must and all that.

Atm I drop babyfood on her snout until she decides she may lick it off, then she has about 2mls (in total) but somedays not even that much.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Anybody?

I have got to try and get some reptaid into her tomorrow morning and I am not certain at all how to go about it as she is pretty good at clamping her mouth real tight. :(

essenm25

Hatchling Member
Get a medicine syringe or an eye dropper. I have a baby beaded dragon that I am currently having to force feed and if you lightly hold the head still and pry the mouth open with the syringe on the side of the mouth it works best. Try using watered down Turkey or Chicken Baby Food also mix the calcium and vitamin powder you would usually dust your crickets with right into the mixture.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will give it a go but I am a bit nervous about it. She is pretty stubborn. Needs must though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom