for those of you that live in Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
As you know we have had some crazy weather and major power outages the past couple months. During Hurricane Irene and Winter Storm Alfred I was lucky enough to only lose power for 2-3 days (I think I am on the same line as the nursing home up the street)when many ppl have been without for a week or more! For future referance I am willing to foster any small pets that need to be kept warm until the power comes back on. Plz save this info and contact me if you lose power. I am in Bristol,CT and my name is Michele Powers. You can PM me here or on Facebook.
*it's a good idea to keep air activated heat packs on hand for emergencies.You can find them in most pharmacies and grocery stores in the 1st aid aisle.
**another idea is to fill containers with hot water and put that in your critters cage
If you are also available to help out in an emergency feel free to leave your name here :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is so nice of you Michele. I'm sure other critter owners in the CT area will be very appreciative. Hopefully your area won't lose power for a long time again.

apaprikao

Hatchling Member
Thank you Michelle!! I'm in Farmington and I was looking for someone to foster my Beardie last week. Luckily I have power back now but I will definitely keep you in mind for future reference!!!!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Diane,
I hope this doesn't happen again for a long time either! :wink:

Anj,
Are you the person Mary was telling me about? I would have gladly taken in your beardie until the power came back. We are only a few minutes from each other! :D My boss lives in Farmington and his power didn't come back until this past Tuesday....11 days without power! I was lucky,mine was only out for 2.5 days
I'm going to PM my phone # to you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Michelle,

That is so generous of you to help out! I am sure that there are people in that area who will need help come this wintertime. It appears that we will probably have a bad winter in a lot of place this year.
I hope everything is going well up that way.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom