Food time = Exercise time

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
I haven't heard of anyone doing this so I thought I'd share with you guys how I feed my Beardie.
as like most beardies mine is quite lazy so I decided to use food time to make it exercise.
I slide both sides of the glass door to the middle so there is room to put a cricket in on each side.
I take it in turn to put a cricket in each side and have my beardie run over to it.
It will usually run back and forth for about the first 10-20 crickets then it will get lazy and let the cricket run off and look up at me waiting for more. At this time I then close the glass door and almost straight away Baby runs over to the cricket eats it and comes back and looks up at me. I've been doing this for about a month with great results. First it only worked with the first few crickets but now im up to 10/20 chases a day. It also knows every time if I close the glass door it has to hunt the cricket down or it won't get any more. ( Just so you don't think I starve my dragon I waited 5 minutes then fed her again). After I feel she is getting tired I just hand feed one cricket at a time or drop one in front of her. Sometimes she then gets really lazy and if the cricket is not right in front of her face and runs off she won't chase it, but again I will close the door as I don't want any crickets hiding in the viv and she will go after it. I'm shocked at how fast she is now :eek:

Thanks for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom